Tuesday Afternoon IDS

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.....hmmm, probing a little FURthur, get on the bus, subliminal interlude, as you were, the moonies seem to have 1012.5 on the agenda....still doesn't negate the earlier 1015 we've already visited....so it's still game, set, and match for the summer, for da bears.

.....speaking of moonies, Doc's fishing at the lake, I'm viewing this calendar from the local building supply store, which my brother-in law-started with his wealthier brother and made fortunes supplying Whistler B.C. construction, has these really cool best, good, poor symbols for fishing days....seems the fish will be biting again Julep 26-FURday Aug. 1st.... :blink:

.... and really makes me wonder, about a lot of things.... :blink: :blink: :blink:

Serious questions.

If the boyz sold short all the shares they could get their hands:

1. They could really short squeeze

2. Could prevent bears from depressing prices

3. Cover their asses

And with all the new money coming into the market.

How can the market go down under such conditions?

You got it backwards rich.

1. If "boyz" are heavy net short last thing they want is a squeeze.

2. Bears cannot depress prices since an uptick is required to short stocks. They can indirectly if there is enough shorting of the ETF's and fucutures. It is not selling pressure that depresses prices. It is weak demand.

3. Huh? :huh:

There are two sides to this coin. As for new money coming into the market, I highly doubt it. With zero interest on MMF's seniors, and other investors have to literally "eat" principle.

Rising prices may increase speculative demand, but they do not increase investment demand. Rising prices most assuredly do create new supply. No one talks about that.

This market is dead meat. Maybe not today, but it's dead meat. The worst pieces of crap are going up the most because they are the ones with the highest short interest. One day, those who own this own crap overnight will wake up to see a 40% gap down and they will choke on their own vomit.

YEA DOC!!!!!!!!!!!!

bring on that vomit :lol:

Respectfully disagree with the YHOO news being the basis for some huge rally. That news is clearly in the price of the stock right now. If fools buy it on the news, it may rally for an hour or two. I would expect to see profit-taking ensue in a major way after that.

The Dell laptop I bought a year ago is selling for 20% less now. Dell may be picking up market share, but it's share of a market with declining pricing power.

well, that thng goes on since decades. I mean that a computer loses 20% in vlaue just in one year. Sorry to be an asshole here, but that is really no bearish argument :(

really sorry siggi! :)

Equity only p/c ratio running at around 0.5 all day. Total P/C Ratio = 0.7

Expect ramp to close today to draw in the last call buyers. Then crap tomorrow.

or

Except ramp in the AM with crap in the PM tomorrow.

Typical of the Boyz to run this up into earnings announcements and then sell off.

Guest Icky Twerp

My Good Doktor --

wipe the worm guts off your hands and make it clear to me _ the dimmest bulb in Stooliville - hence evident to everyone else...

Did Al step off the gas, because he thinks it might have worked already? I'm conditioned to seeing a multi-tier approach now, selling Gold to depress the price, buying bonds, and influenzaing stocks higher... but if you say THIS is not liquidity driven, then what is it? Did priming the carbureator work? Sure we're running a little rough, still, but that'll smooth out?

AP news: "Bulls gored two Americans and an Australian Tuesday on the second day of Pamplona's (Wall Street's?) annual runs with the bulls. One of the gored Americans, Al Chesson, 57, from Pittsburgh, Pa., spent a terrifying half-minute being thrown around in the narrow alley leading into the bull ring that marks the end of the run. 'It was like King Kong tossing coins,' the former U.S. Marine and marathon runner said in the hospital, as he awaited surgery."

... or picking up pennies in front of a bulldozer.

Archived