Monday Afternoon IDS

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sphinxter, what is Richard Russell's CURRENT take on this rally, please?

Well, well...Mr Sinclair is stating the obvious: this market is a.) heavily maniplated (speaking of Russell, he's been noting THAT reality FUR simply ages, now) b.) it's the bonkers doing it in cahoots w Mr Magoo & Co. and c.) it's a desperate endeavor to postpone the inevitable by levitating world markets, to avoid an interlocking derivatives meltdown.

One doesn't need a PhD to be able to deduce THAT.

It's time FUR HRFF to invoke the shade of ROBERT BURNS again, FUR these are the best laid plans 'o mice and men.

UDDERwise known as HAYWIRE THEORY.

You don't suppose bonkers and politicians globally are becoming truly scared "BLEEP"less ass CSNY said they were at Woodstock, now, do ya?

What happens when hundreds upon hundreds of millions are suddenly plunged into poverty by a financial meltdown and they are NOT Russians behaviorally conditioned to centuries cruel repression? That DID happen in Russia in the early 1990's, ya know. To approximately a quarter billion of 'em. All at once, pretty much, too.

oh. The Weekend FT reportz that we Yanks, literally, are "fat and happy". Well, HRFF isn't so shurrrre about the happy part, but it sez 2/3 of us are, technically, overweight. Even The BARE'S BMi is pushing the upper boundary. Must be that Israeli study that recently concluded a beer a day is grrrrRREEAT FUR ya! lol

The action in the dollar today was completely predictable and was the reason I went long at the open. Very soon (a couple of weeks) I will go long CHF and possibly Euro.

Gotta love the option symbol for SMH Aug 30P's...SMHTF

Sh*tl Must Hit The Fan

sam,

CHF has much overhead res now, must crack 1-3745 to move higher, if it does then 1.4040 is good res and finally we have 23.6% retreacement of whole downmove form 1.82 to 1.27 at 1.4080.

if that level is taken out i see it at 1.48.

so if we say that dollar just corrects a bit i would say 1.4040-80 is a wonmderfull short entry.

we will see :)

is it just me or does anyone else wonder where the substance behind the press releases? Everyone talks about how things look brighter for the economy and corp profits, yet not one that I read offers any empirical evidence?

one example from barfing: ". As we've been mentioning for several days now, our theme remains cautious as the Treasury market continues to grope around for a low. For now, investors seem intent on swapping out of Treasuries and into not only stocks, but also into corporate bonds, as the outlook for macroeconomic growth and corporate profitability begins to brighten. "

"

After the internut bubble why in the world would these folks have an ounce of credibility? ":23AM Semi Equips seen outperforming over next two weeks : Goldman Sachs believes that Semiconductor Equipment stocks could outperform over the next two weeks as the market anticipates/reacts to what firm expect to be an upbeat Semicon West trade show that begins July 14th.

"

is it just me or does anyone else wonder where the substance behind the press releases? Everyone talks about how things look brighter for the economy and corp profits, yet not one that I read offers any empirical evidence?

Who needs EMPIRICAL evidence when there is RAMPIRACLE evidence. :lol: :lol:

Wonder if EMPIRICAL has the same root as EMPIRE as in "The Empire Strikes Back".

Archived