IDS World Markets Fri 4th July 03

Ok, nice move by US which has sent us down right from open. All Ords -19.3 at time of writing with some big falls on individual stocks. I LIKE IT! DOW still above that trendline but good chance of breaking down through it on Monday I reckon....

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sideways all day after the fall at open. All Ords breached support intraday but managed to climb back on before closing -16.3 (-0.5%). Gotta say I'm fully back into bear mode now and think its only a matter of time before that support is sliced through permanently. Didn't end up buying any options as a bit too much of a down day. Monday we might do a drift up because of US being closed and will give me time on weekend to do some stock picking.

Most the golds down today with exception of Lihir which rose 2%. Lihir will hopefully pull back on Mon as I want to buy a call option.

Asia mixed, Europe yet to open....

Today Mrs. Alceringa moved a quarter of "her" money from cash into an international stock fund and another quarter into a USA growth fund. Luckily, "her" money is only about 5% of "our" money. :P

The top must be in, Eh? :D

Asia-Pacific Markets mostly closed Red except Taiwan. Euroland major markets down 10th's of %.

Yoo-hoo world markets

Uncle Buck

intraday.gif?s...w=15&a=2&v.gif

Globex Flash Quotes Link

euroland

Jo-burg Miners Here

After Hours-USA

AM Market Call By CNNMoney

From Bloomberg7:30 AM Stool HQ Time

Microsoft Shares Rise in Germany on Speculation Company May Raise Dividend

Shares in Microsoft Corp., the world's biggest computer software maker, climbed as much as 2.2 percent in Germany after investors and anal cysts said the company may raise its dividend as early as this month.

European Stocks Poised for Second Week of Declines; Nokia Shares Slide

Asian Stocks: Japan's Canon, Toyota Decline; South Korea's Hyundai Rises Bloomberg

Archived