Who Would Have Believed

Just what if the Greenman is buying gold and jacking up the price to make it look like his reinflation project is working? They are in a panic over there at the FED you know.

Col Dashley,

What is good for the FEED is good for me (as long as we are on the same team). If they are buying gold that simply means a higher POG. If the FED were to buy CATTLE, then I would too. I really don't care what I'm trading as long as I'm on the winning side. That said, if and when the fiat monetary system does collapse, I'd be mighty relieved to own an ASSet that is not someone else's liability - GOLD :)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is exactly the point! THe fools will think that gold is going up is a sign of growth! When actually it is a sign of the weakening dollar. Stoolflation, I say.

All I'm saying is that it would make perfectly good sense for the FED to jam the POG to knock any talk of deflation off the media and out of the headlines. They don't even want the word mentioned after all the threats and intimidation about its willingness to trash the entire planet by printing enough dollars to fill the oceans. The recent rise in the POG may just be another jam job trying to keep all the Greenman's magic balls in the air.

FZ guitar, lead vocals

The Mystery Man came over

An' he said: "I'm outa-site!"

He said, for a nominal service charge,

I could reach nervonna t'nite

If I was ready, willing 'n able

To pay him his regular fee

He would drop all the rest of his pressing affairs

And devote His Attention to me

But I said . . .

Look here brother,

Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

(Now who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?)

Look here brother,

Don't you waste your time on me

The Mystery Man got nervous

An' he fidget around a bit

He reached in the pocket of his Mystery Robe

An' he whipped out a shaving kit

Now, I thought it was a razor

An' a can of foamin' goo

But he told me right then when the top popped open

There was nothin' his box won't do

With the oil of Afro-dytee

An' the dust of the Grand Wazoo

He said:

"You might not believe this, little fella, but it'll cure your Asthma too!"

An' I said . . .

Look here brother,

(Now what kind of a geroo are you anyway?)

Look here brother,

Don't you waste your time on me

Don't waste yer time . . .

I've got troubles of my own, I said

An' you can't help me out

So take your meditations an' your preparations

An' ram it up yer snout

"BUT I GOT A KRISTL BOL!," he said

An' held it to the light

So I snatched it

All away from him

An' I showed him how to do it right

I wrapped a newspaper 'round my head

So I'd look like I was Deep

I said some Mumbo Jumbos then

An' told him he was goin' to sleep

I robbed his rings

An' pocket watch

An' everything else I found

I had that sucker hypnotized

He couldn't even make a sound

I proceeded to tell him his future then

As long as he was hanging around,

I said

"The price of meat has just gone up

An' yer ol' lady has just gone down . . . "

Look here brother,

(Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho?)

Don't you know,

You could make more money as a butcher,

So don't you waste your time on me

(Don't waste it, don't waste your time on me . . . )

Ohm shonty, ohm shonty, ohm shonty-ohm

SSHONTAY

For all those who think they have a crystal ball. :grin: Doc NOT included, of course!

I see a move to 940-970 (spx) Sorry guys and gals.

i'm less concerned about how high and more about how long. the bloodbath will start soon enough (mid jan at latest, methinks), but until then might rather see a brief and wholly untenable moonshot that presents itself as such, than one of those dribbling swups that make one want to gnaw off an appendage. :huh:

summoner - here ya go. original chart(s) by manfred zimmel.

bradley2002-2003geoII.gif

GEEZ-are we still vibrating or what! You gotta admit that was impressive probably one of the GREAT bear traps of all time. I was stopped on my SPX and OEX and glad of it. Bought a couple-ya only two OEX 465's at the close and will troll those for awhile. Now as you know when i go small I'm in cautious mode. You're not going to like what I have to say but I agree pretty much with END! Today the ticks at +1216 were the highest since august of 1997-there were 1278 more stocks up than down on the big board and there was zero giveback all day. Sure AL gamed it but that's why the bastard is there-look we are in a seasonally bullish time and every and I mean every PUNDIT was wrongo-hell PRECHTER who has been all over the place lately-probably got it right tonite-he is bullish for the next 2 to 5 weeks-the only one who appears to have been right the last month is Schaeffer who has been and still is short term BULLISH. Now I AM A BEAR and will be there when this thing goes down the drain-but that time is NOT NOW but the new year. It's easy to say go long but there is event RISK-IRAQ-the CAMEL HUMPER etc any event of magnitude will stop a rally in it's tracks. SOOO I made money on my gold stocks today and I will intraday scalp on the SPX and OEX but I will NOT GO LONG on anything other than GOLD-Now tomorrow morning should see a pullback if you are short I would suggest you bail there or put in tight stops. If this beast is repelled at 925 SPX it might mean a head fake but I am inclined to think 930-40 SPX before we get another meaningful shot at the short side barring an event of magnitude. Trade Safe!

Looks like the jam job had its desired results. Board is going bullish again. Think that I'll just sit on my shorts and wait this one out. There's plenty of bad news in the pipeline and I'm not a skilled trader.

Well even Roach has turned bullish - you don't fight the FED

- deflation has been acknowledged and Dr Greenspan is on the job.

One of my brothers is a medical doctor and he loves to tell these grizzly medical stories. Car Wrecks, Gun shot wounds etc.

Anyway he was telling me that they write various things on your notes at the end of the bed.

There are various things they write to indicate you are CACTUS.

NFR - means Not For Rescusitation. Even worse is the Q sign -which is when the patients tongue is hanging out of their mouth - forming a Q.

As far as I am concerned this economy is at the Q sign stage.

Yet everyone believes in the aging Doctor Al Frankenstein.

"With venture capital suffering its worse period since its inception in the 1970s, Atlas' moves aren't surprising, experts say. While venture capitalists raised billions of dollars during the technology heyday of the mid- to late 1990s, many now find they can't spend the money profitably.

``The whole industry is suffering from overcapacity and the market has slowed down by 50 to 80 percent in deals completed, initial public offerings and funds invested,'' said Thomas Holland, a Bain & Co. consultant who specializes in private equity. 'You will see many of these guys cut back.'''

Here's the link for the whole article By Dane Hamilton

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/breaking/...1216&ID=2182568

Buttugly,

Greenspan is insane!

You can't fight deflation with easy money. It only delays the inevitable.

Debt is what causes deflation and we sure do have alot of it.

Greenspue is trying to go down in history as the man who tried to correct the k-wave. He will fail ! :(

In his attempt he will be called the worst fed charmin ever, eventually.

Archived