Who Would Have Believed

Hey Guys,

Jeez there sure is alot of noise going on around here tonite. Just dropped in on my way to matchmaker.com (guys gotta get laid once in awhile). Just about fainted to see Brian giving the long side the nod. You combine this with Mark ready to pull the trigger on Amat & Dell tomorrow and I'm wondering who opened up the gas canister?

Well I do believe in Santa Claus, I do I do I do. I just don't have the balls to go long here, and I'm not a trader.

Going to follow Major Piles on this one. Be buying 1/3 Bearx as we scrape up against S&P 925. Will buy 1/3 more if we get to 950 and the balance when we start to slide.

Daddy needs a new car!

Good Luck

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny, its time for me to go now and not return...like it matters...But we have bears here contibuting to the mayhem and going long, covering shorts early, and that have brainwashed into Santa Claus rallies and covering gap downs. yes, trading is cool,but whats cooler is to short overextended stocks like PIXR and watching em fall 10 dollars in 3 days. Yes, its a shame ...it looks like we have Bears here, but they are switch hitting and helping the longs cause.....i cant be part of that nonsense....adios

MJ-same vibes as you?? Scruples and GTN-I am NOT BULLISH-nor am I stupid-I keep my capital by being SMART at the mo I am long GOLD and trolling a couple of shorts as I said earlier. Adios Scruples if you don't know when to keep your powder dry you wouldn't last anyway. trade safe!

Is this a good idea for a business?

I convince people to pay me to stock a lake with fish, sell them bait and tackle, charge them guide fees, and charge them time on the boat. While they are fishing, I throw dynamite off the front of the boat into the water and scoop up all the fish that float up with a big net. I sell the fish at at a great profit, because these anglers are paying for everything! I repeat this weekly. Some of the anglers pull in their lines and don't show up in following weeks, but most of them blame their "bad luck" on themselves and resolve to do better, be more patient, while others just make up fish stories about the big one that got away.

This is a good business, right?

rr

Mobhasmorescruples

Relax don't disappear. We are all just thinking aloud.

I thought your early post was good.

"GW scurries around looking to blow up anything that looks like a terrorist".

Interesting you raise Pixar as I was thinking about them earlier. I noticed that BEARX had a short position on Pixelworks. And wondered if they were related to Pixar.

But no - quite different companies.

I was interested to see that the pros

seem to steer clear of companies that are going parabolic

and tend to prefer shorting SMALL CRAP.

Pixar might be a worthy play close to year end but you would need a pretty tight stop.

Just my ten cents.

Guest AssMaster

So, being long gold is the same as being short the dollar. Being long Arktos is the same as being short the Naz. Traders and investors in something, making bets and taking our chances. Perhaps one who denigrates others for trading should open his mind and turn his sharp judgements towards himself rather than projecting an attitude onto others. Judge not, lest ye be judged! So go judge yourself bucko! :P

In the meantime, here is an article for you all

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_02/mi...ouse121802.html

If Gold doesn't stop rising it could be a bloodbath event in the making?

Someone is cooking something. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out exactly what it means. Are trapped shorts being forced to cover. Fear of war and/or a terrorist event. Greenman buying to prove reinflation is working.

We're going to have to wait and see on this one but if the POG keeps spiking like this, it is going to be getting a lot of attention.

mobha, still short the greatest short fund ever, the QQQ,s. When a turd is all used up, they flush it and supply another fresh one(and even manage to overpay). PIXR coming my way, yum yum. I don't know why everyone wants to waste all that time on individual stock picks. All you have to know is that during market declines 90% of all stocks participate. No forced buy- ins, instant diversification, no dividends, and one commission. Whats not to love?

POG @ $340 :D

What happened to the JPM gold derivative tinker toy, that if POG went above $330, major financial stress testing would occur? This was all the rage back in June.

Now, nary a peep about JPM's situation. :ph34r: I noticed in Q3, JPM added to there overall derivative credit risk, but, don't know where the risk was added.

POG @ $340 :D

What happened to the JPM gold derivative tinker toy, that if POG went above $330, major financial stress testing would occur? This was all the rage back in June.

Now, nary a peep about JPM's situation. :ph34r: I noticed in Q3, JPM added to there overall derivative credit risk, but, don't know where the risk was added.

Read somewhere that JPM had covered most of the short position in gold. It isn't as critical now as it had been. Looks like tomorrow is going to be interesting. S&P futures 3.49 below fair value. Wonder if they will jam it again or let it fall.

Archived