IDS World Markets Fri 20th June 03

Nice move in the US, just need a couple more of those and I'm in the shorting biz...

Half an hour into open and we're down 0.6%. I'll wander down to the stock exchange at lunchtime and check out the action... getting ticker withdrawal now..

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey where is everybody?

Ok we went down at open then sideways for the rest of the day....hmmm consolidation at low of move, looks bearish to me. Lots of red, All Ords closed -15.7 (-0.5%).

Trotted off happily to the stock exchange at lunch break, well what a disappointment that was. Have to admit I haven't been for a few years and its all changed. There used to be a great big board inside with lots of colour coding, flashing lights and a big ticker moving across the top, all promising at least half an hour of entertainment. Now its just a pissy little screen on the outside of the building with bid/ask, last price & volume. Doesn't even tell you whether the stock is moving up or down, all in mono colour and damn hard to read at that. You'd think with the $$ they suck in from us they could come up with something more spectacular. I can feel an email coming on.....

Archived