For Whom The Bell Tolls

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK... I understand how SARS in Asia can be the cause for Kodak's pathetic performance this morning, but this one takes the cake:

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Clorox Co. (NYSE:CLX - News) on Wednesday warned that its quarterly profit would fall short of Wall Street estimates because wet weather curbed demand for Kingsford charcoal and other summer items...

Wouldn't you think the mud would increase demand for bleach?? :o

OK... I understand how SARS in Asia can be the cause for Kodak's pathetic performance this morning, but this one takes the cake:

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Clorox Co. (NYSE:CLX - News) on Wednesday warned that its quarterly profit would fall short of Wall Street estimates because wet weather curbed demand for Kingsford charcoal and other summer items...

Wouldn't you think the mud would increase demand for bleach?? :o

I think that, in a John Snow-esque show of senselessness, CLX is alleging that people don't wash their cars when it's rainy out. True. In fact, this year they've been buying new ones instead.

I am by no means a Bradley "expert", but follow a newsletter (Jerry Favors) that has been fairly accurate in calling "turn" dates.

Favors is calling for some type of important top around June 25, +/- a couple of days.

But he also uses a concept called the "Lindsay Long" Sequence which allows for a turn to occur between 8/26/03 and 9/30/03.

FWIW

I am by no means a Bradley "expert", but follow a newsletter (Jerry Favors) that has been fairly accurate in calling "turn" dates.

Favors is calling for some type of important top around June 25, +/- a couple of days.

But he also uses a concept called the "Lindsay Long" Sequence which allows for a turn to occur between 8/26/03 and 9/30/03.

FWIW

Hard to see how he could miss with this type of forecast. Seems you could get nearly identical results with a calendar and darts. :blink:

I'm thinking that since everyone and his brother, sister, and uncle are looking at the Bradley turn in early July, it's not going to happen then.  Ideally, dongs will start edging toward the exits a little early, to beat the rush, and that will start the panic stampede.  

Anyone here want to yell "FIRE!!!!"  B)

Everyone was looking for the Iraqi War Rally. We sure got that.

Now if they can take it to the extreme on the downside like they did on the shortside.

Not to quibble, but there was a lot of skepticism around here (and I'm sure among traders elsewhere) about the war rally. The Bradley chart, on the other hand, is being treated as a sure thing. Perception--->Reality---->Perception, etc. ad infinitum.

Archived