This Ain't the Top

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burned-Out Broker Now Sells Hot Dogs

Tue Jun 17,10:46 AM ET Add Strange News - AP to My Yahoo!

HOLLAND, Mich. - When his job as an investment broker started becoming too stressful, Jim Piersma decided that selling wine might be a more enjoyable way to earn a living.

When the champagne stopped flowing for him, he found another niche in the food industry ? selling hot dogs from a vending cart.

:grin:

s-p sell off below 996.60 cash by 4pm

bring it on home to me :lol:

This consolidation is a bad for the bears it will create one more green stick.

In short term those Boyz are the king with the help of a Sir cheat. Long-term yield down has given him a breathing space.

He can?t destroy the bear market.

Burned-Out Broker Now Sells Hot Dogs

Tue Jun 17,10:46 AM ET Add Strange News - AP to My Yahoo!

HOLLAND, Mich. - When his job as an investment broker started becoming too stressful, Jim Piersma decided that selling wine might be a more enjoyable way to earn a living.

When the champagne stopped flowing for him, he found another niche in the food industry ? selling hot dogs from a vending cart.

:grin:

Today, "strange news" is not so strange. :D

greenspew is well aware of the influence of deriatives, particulary during op ex. Highly unlikely they will let it drift lower, as they are well aware that selling will beget selling and thus the risk is of a waterfall decline. In addition the bulge boys know that greenspew will backstop their short puts postions.

A good read, particulary for those who think the fed has a prayer of stopping the inevitable deflation of asset prices.  http://mises.org/fullstory.asp?control=1254
According to the second proposition, while changes in the money supply do not affect the wealth of a nation in the aggregate, they change the distribution of resources among the members of society. In the case of an increasing money supply, for example, the first owners of the additional quantities of money benefit at the expense of all other money owners. Notice that these redistribution effects result not only from changes in the quantity of money, but from any changes in the supply of any good. There is a significant difference between money and all other goods only in a fiat money regime:

A fiat money regime considerably facilitates the re-distribution of resources within society. It allows the owners of the printing press and their political and economic allies to enrich themselves far quicker and at much lower cost than any other producer in any other field.

VP friend and co-commuter of mine when I was at a major insurance co in NY left it all to run 4 hot dog stands on the Outer Banks.

You could hear the stressless grin in his voice last time I talked to him. :P

In '97 I left other work in order to trade full time. My partner now longs for that old "stressless grin" of mine...

BRCM- held a short overnight- got rid of it pretty quickly pre mkt.

MSFT- dong pre mkt....maybe a daytrade, maybe a hold over..

RGLD- still have long position

Before regular mkt open, power here in my neighbourhood in Syracuse went bye bye for about four hours.....this has been happening about once a month for the last six or so months....hmmm :blink:

So....this gave me some extra time in the garden before everything came back up...

They (us) couldn't take the market down. Many semi supermodels finished consolidation and start running back up...maybe they'll lead the market even higher... :blink: Looks at NVLS, LRCX, MKSI, AEIS...

Just ot off the phone with my options broker. He is a good guy and has often called me to alert me about possible losses or opportunities.

He told me that the pricing on put options is going parabolic. Some of these near term options are trading at twice the premium of similar call options.

This is something that has been this extreme only a time or two in the last three years. He is now heavily short. FWIW

Archived