Vision Quest

Why bother shorting?

Check out the multiple Riverboat Longs available each morning.

Today's picks:

DNDN, CRXL, PARS, GERN, DGEN, TGEN

Just buy a little of each. Guaranteed to make 300% on at least two of them.

Evidently we aren't the only ones who feel that way.

II survey today supposedly has an insanely low % of bears.

From RealMoney.com

"According to the Chartcraft II survey, there was a big drop in bearish sentiment this week, and last Wednesday's data was a the lowest number in over a decade!

The contrarians must be salivating. "

and

"Seriuosly, --- how about those bear numbers?! I had to re-read the numbers five times to make sure I was seeing it right. "

Unfortunately, the contrarians have been getting beat over the head with a rising market so their saliva functions have stopped working.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hypertiger is getting righter by the day. TNX to new lows, 3.156%. Despite this, mortgage apps fell by 9.3% over the previous week. Money at its cheapest in over 5 decades, but new mortgage apps fell. Panic time. I doubt that the bulls around here care, but crash time is fast approaching.

By doing this, they force the economy into a cooling off period. Mortgage rates go higher, muting housing activity, as do corporate rates, making it harder for companies to raise capital. The message to Fed is clear: Raise short-term rates, or we'll keep raising long-term ones. Eventually, the Fed acquiesces.

http://money.cnn.com/2003/06/11/commentary...idask/index.htm

Is this why Merciless said what he said?

Guest bullseatshitndie
[.

From RealMoney.com

"According to the Chartcraft II survey, there was a big drop in bearish sentiment this week, and last Wednesday's data was a the lowest number in over a decade!

and

"Seriuosly, --- how about those bear numbers?! I had to re-read the numbers five times to make sure I was seeing it right. "

couldn't believe my eyes either.

bulls 58.7

bears 16.3

unfiggenbelieveable. more bullishness now than at the real top. it's crazy. don't think it stops until bull # gets above all time high # of 61.8. how much longer can this madness go on?? as long as greenspew continues to spew $ in, it can go on endlessly.

New semi Formfactor IPO later. Morgan raised fro 9-11 to 11-13 per share. They figured they could bilk the riverboaters for a couple extra bucks. Be sure to get some why its hot!

I give MS a little credit for downgrading the semis (from attractive to neutral or whatever terms they use) the same day they're bringing out this related IPO. But raising the IPO price at the same time reminds me of a scene from I think it was National Lampoon's European Vacation (I'm bad at this, feel free to correct) where Chevy Chase tries to ask for good champagne in french, and the waiter responds in french "we'll bring you the dishwater, you won't know the difference" while smiling, of course.

Why bother shorting?

Check out the multiple Riverboat Longs available each morning.

Today's picks:

DNDN, CRXL, PARS, GERN, DGEN, TGEN

Just buy a little of each.  Guaranteed to make 300% on at least two of them.

Evidently we aren't the only ones who feel that way.

From RealMoney.com

and

Unfortunately, the contrarians have been getting beat over the head with a rising market so their saliva functions have stopped working.

New Records: 58.7% bulls vs. 56.5 last and 16.3% bears vs. 20.7 last

Somebody sure has placed a tight collar around Gold ....they're beating it with an ugly stick everytime it threatens to break.

And notice how the beating started after the FRE news. Just a coincidence? In fact, I suspect there is a lot more to the FRE story than meets the eye because of the renewed selling pressure on gold after the story broke (an incident like this is normally very bullish for the metal).

And notice how the beating started after the FRE news. Just a coincidence? In fact, I suspect there is a lot more to the FRE story than meets the eye because of the renewed selling pressure on gold after the story broke (an incident like this is normally very bullish for the metal).

From Reuters this AM:

Keep an eye out for further developments in the Freddie Mac saga. Congress is threatening an investigation. The SEC is threatening an investigation and the Washington Post is reporting that federal prosecutors in Virginia have already begun an investigation.

Archived