. . . until the flowers

. . . until the flowers

======================

I am a runner.

I have several circular routes measured from my home. If I decide to run 3, 4, 5 or 7 miles, each run always ends at one particular spot.

A few houses down from mine is a home with a beautiful flower arrangement near the mailbox. The arrangement is as ornate and as cultured as if a master gardener extended his hand and delicately shaped each flower, bush, stem, and blade of grass.

I have never seen any flower arrangement as pretty in a yard.

That's the point.

That's the point that marks the end of my run.

. . . until the flowers.

No matter how long or short the run, I have one goal in mind.

Keep running until I get to the flowers.

Life should be like that.

Keep running until you get to the flowers.

We typically receive the largest number of flowers when our lives are over.

We get the most flowers in our lives at our funeral.

Those flowers don't do you any good.

As far as I know, you can neither see nor smell them.

My neighbors' flowers help give me encouragement and strength to run through this life.

On a recent run, I was thinking about those beautiful bundles of encouragement and had decided to write a MountainWings issue about them. Oddly enough, for the first time, the couple was in the yard working on the flowers as I ended my run.

I ran by their yard, I had almost reached the flowers.

It was a hot sunny day and they could tell by the swelter and

sweat that I had been on a grueling run.

The wife spoke, "Could I get you a glass of water or something?" she asked.

"No thanks, " I answered.

She didn't realize what they had given me already.

They had given me the flowers.

People who give you flowers for no reason show their giving natures in many ways.

Most people in the neighborhood probably couldn't tell you about my neighbors' flowers. They are probably too busy to see them. They probably see all of the other stuff.

There is much disarray along the run.

There are many weeds and bare branches.

There is trash thrown from cars reflecting people's disregard for others,

. . . and then, there's the flowers.

So it is in life.

Keep your mind on the flowers even when you can't see them.

You can plant flowers.

Not only the physical kind, but also flowers of the spirit.

You need to picture the beautiful flowers that await you at the end of your run.

The flowers that never whither or die.

Flowers of the spirit.

You need to understand that they are beautiful and they smell nice.

You also need to tell those that have planted flowers along your path that you appreciate them.

I will print this issue of MountainWings and put it in my neighbors' mailbox. I doubt that they have ever heard of MountainWings, but their flowers influence MountainWings, and, in turn, you, on each run.

I am a runner.

So are you.

We run through life, just different paths, different shoes, and different running styles.

In all of your daily running, be sure to stop and smell the roses but

Keep running.

. . . until the flowers.

"A MountainWings Original"

From MountainWings.com ? The Daily Inspirational Email

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Motorola warned.....the stage is set...

07:08 ET MOT Motorola now sees Q2 at breakeven (8.89) -- Update --

Company now sees Q2 EPS at breakeven, vs Reuters Research consensus of $0.04, and revs of $6.0-6.2 bln vs est of $6.44 bln. Co cites lower-than-expected cellular handset sales in Asia due to impact of SARS and excess inventories. Results for the full yr will be lowered due to the decrease in guidance for Q2 and b/c the issues adversely impacting Q2 are now to some degree, expected to also impact the Q3 and possibly Q4.

from Briefing.....

Good Morning and Good Stool to all!

I have updated your Suctor watch, and added a new suctor to watch. It is the sentimental favorite of all stoolies -- Natural Gas, using the XNG. Many tanks to TheCoinGuy for the suggestion. Click Here

Also many tanks to TheCoinGuy for testing the new $DONATE button. Doc would like to request that lurkers, yes all 4000 of you, please give this button a similar test. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As you all know, Capitalstool.com is a service of the American Society of Shortsellers (ASS). The ASS has been serving stoolies the world over for billions and billions of years. The ASS needs your support. There are three ways you can support your ASS.

Subscribe to the Anals of Stock Proctology - $19.29 for three months. Click Here

Take a one week trial to Stooltrading for just $8.50, or get a quarterly or annual subscription. Click Here

Click the $DONATE button, and squeeze a little one out! Show the ASS that you care!

As ASS chairperson, I thank you! :wink2:

tanks for giving us gas, Doc!

from barfing.com:

7:58AM QLogic downgrade details (QLGC) 51.03: --Update-- Issue cut to Underperform from In-Line at Goldman Sachs. Although downgrade is based primarily on valuation, firm notes that QLGC and the HBA mkt are not without fundamental risks.

Check this one out kids....VERY INTERESTING DEVELOPMENT..........

08:13 ET FRE Freddie Mac terminates Pres/COO, announces CFO resignation (59.87)

Co announces the resignation of Pres/CFO Vaughn Clarke and termination of former Pres/COO David Glenn. Mr. Glenn was terminated because of serious questions as to the timeliness and completeness of his cooperation and candor with the Board's Audit Committee counsel, retained in January 2003 to review the facts and circumstances surrounding the principal accounting errors identified during the restatement process. The corporation has informed its regulator OFHEO, the SEC and the NYSE about the matters described in this release. FRE also announced the retirement of its CEO/Chairman.

from Briefing...

Looks like FRE is gapping down about 6 bucks......oh boy.....

Check this one out kids....VERY INTERESTING DEVELOPMENT..........

08:13 ET FRE Freddie Mac terminates Pres/COO, announces CFO resignation (59.87)

Co announces the resignation of Pres/CFO Vaughn Clarke and termination of former Pres/COO David Glenn. Mr. Glenn was terminated because of serious questions as to the timeliness and completeness of his cooperation and candor with the Board's Audit Committee counsel, retained in January 2003 to review the facts and circumstances surrounding the principal accounting errors identified during the restatement process. The corporation has informed its regulator OFHEO, the SEC and the NYSE about the matters described in this release. FRE also announced the retirement of its CEO/Chairman.

from Briefing...

Looks like FRE is gapping down about 6 bucks......oh boy.....

Jimmy Rogers said on Sat. that he was shorting FNM because of poor management. FNM is one of my three shorts so . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

H2..That certainly is nice to know. Thanks for posting...catalyst for sure. Funny thing its not on Crapvision.....instead there trying out the new Nautilus exercse bike..absolutely pathetic............ when will a real news channel be invented..IPO anyone?? Id be in for sure!

TOTAL DESTRUCTION I LOVE IT......

FNM NOW DOWN 5 PRE MARKET

FRE NOW DOWN A WHOPPER 9 1/2 POINTS.....

Is this the cataylst we've been waiting for or what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hallelujiah

Mark is gonna love this......looking at CFC, NCEN and others for reaction....

Guest bullseatshitndie

looks like es heading to the ever important 980 level this morning.

10day ma down around 970. if bears can take control today, 970 would be a nice target. but, 980 will defended very hard.

Archived