It's Aliiiiiive

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
comparing this market to 1995 is comparing apples and oranges....1995 was in a major bull move since 1982 ...1995 valuations were much lower than today...1995 was not in the middle of a global market slowdown.....1995 did not have the credit and real estate bubbles we have today....1995 was not coming off the greatest equity bubble top in the history of the world.....that being said i dont doubt this can go higher from here but saying its a triple from here because the chart patterns a similar is stretching it imho

all true, but another truth is: After the ultimate low in 1932 the shit for the people even got worse, the whole 30s were not nice in every day life.

When every day life gets harder the stock market will already have made its ultimate low. Only a guess.

Boy, everyone is slamming the Bears case. First Forbes declares the bear market over and now Inger slams us.

http://www.decisionpoint.com/TAC/Inger.html

Hope I didn't commit a fopaw, doc?

What did that windbag say as if I care? Trying to read through his verbose writing is like reading tax code, imho. :P Sorry I'm just a bit cranky lately. I need my nappy.

I am thinking risk to reward must be on the bear side especially on the Nasty. Since the 9 months cycles will end next week. Some one mention the Bradley turn comes two weeks early so we should see a turn within 14 days. :P :P :P

Can any one superimpose Bradley chart with Nasty?

Many thanks.

some thoughts:

the low in 1932 didnt go much beyond the lowe form 1915 (or 1916?), the low form 1932 was never seen again.

DAX was slightly below 2200 in march, it was at the level form 10 years before, that is really something, if we price in inflation of last 10 years many investors lost damn much money.

We are witnessing in real time the dollar crashing, look at Dow in euros and ou will see that eurowise nothing happened, there is no rally starting form march! This rally is because of dollar inflation.

Look what ahppens today in forex: BoE doesnt cut, ECB cuts 0.50, euro is up 240 pips form its intraday low, british pound is up - hold your breath - 330 pips!

in sum: until the dollar doesnt rally dramnatically there will be no significant downmove in stocks.

other thing: next time DAX sees 2000-2200 region i will be a buyer for the long term. Only question is: Will there be a next time?

Fx what is the valuation of the DAX like? is it an uniusually high pe or low pe?

VTSS starting to explode upward..

If you read some of the Yahoo boards, there are some proclaiming that these former hifliers are gonna double and triple from here. Now tell me J6P isn't in the game anymore. Of course he is- he never sold any stock, still holding to get his money back- and he may just do that! :blink:

comparing this market to 1995 is comparing apples and oranges....1995 was in a major bull move since 1982 ...1995 valuations were much lower than today...1995 was not in the middle of a global market slowdown.....1995 did not have the credit and real estate bubbles we have today....1995 was not coming off the greatest equity bubble top in the history of the world.....that being said i dont doubt this can go higher from here but saying its a triple from here because the chart patterns are similar is stretching it imho

All I'm saying is the Federal Government will do all it can to prop up equity prices. That includes trade war, military war, war against the poor, war against the middle class, war against savers, war against gold bugs, currency wars, etc.

And if the sp is above 980 they are winning the war.

And just as long term wave structure projected a possible top of 5100 on the Nasdaq when it went above 1998 highs, long term wave structure supports new highs in the SP500 as long as it is above the neckline (965-980 area).

All that fundamental goobly gook is just that. This market has been a short fundamentally for the past 8 years. But as long as we have the big guns (militarily and financially) and are willing to use them, fundamentals don't matter. Or maybe that is part of the fundamentals?

980 is an extremely crucial line in the sand.

If you read some of the Yahoo boards, there are some proclaiming that these former hifliers are gonna double and triple from here. Now tell me J6P isn't in the game anymore. Of course he is- he never sold any stock, still holding to get his money back- and he may just do that! :blink:

Not only is jsp still holding on, he is averaging down with foaming mouth, silver dollar eyes, and clenched fists.

I have been hearing alot lately from j6p (fool)

I am thinking risk to reward must be on the bear side especially on the Nasty. Since the 9 months cycles will end next week. Some one mention the Bradley turn comes two weeks early so we should see a turn within 14 days. :P :P :P

Can any one superimpose Bradley chart with Nasty?

Many thanks.

Definitely one of the best risk/reward situations ever -- but look at what we're seeing on this bear board.

"The S&P could triple from here..."

"VTTS starting to explode upwards..."

Bubbles are characterized by heightened emotions winning out over clarity of thought.

Joe may get his money back, but it won't go as far at the bread store.

Archived