The Real War Is Alive And Well

. . . The US dollar and the United States at large are in serious trouble because of the scale of delusional thinking in Washington. A lower US dollar will not cure the economic problems of the USA Inc.

The present tax reduction will not stimulate US consumers back into conspicuous consumption. . .

. . . What the tax bill is proving is that the lunatics are back in charge of the insane asylum and anytime now we'll be watching the sequel of "One flew over the Cuckoos Nest." But this time Nurse Ratched's diagnosis will be right. . .

nurse-cuckoos.jpg

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning and good stool to all!

Quote of the Month:

the more you pronounce the word "trillion", the closer you get to "gazillion" and "babillion" and other babyish vocables until, at the end, you begin to experience excorcistic, head-gyrating; thus inducing one to cough up large globules of multi colored sputum, making ones dinner bib very unhygeinic==

-Beardrech

Mousey Dung moonlighting at Morgan Stanley?

7:41AM Xilinx, PMC-Sierra downgraded at Morgan Stanley : Morgan Stanley downgrades XLNX to Equal-Weight from Overweight based on valuation, as the stock has exceeded their $30 target; firm raises target to $33, but believes current valuations will make it difficult for XLNX to outperform from current levels. Firm also downgrades PMCS to Underweight from Equal-Weight, as the stock now trades at a premium to many of its wired communication IC peers, and they believe its strong absolute and relative performance will not continue from the current stock price.

More pivot stuff.

Yesterday, started with the 0 pivot thusly. Quite a few good touches during the day. Hindsight is great, the trick is trying to figure out which pivots are important in real time. Still working on that.

post-1-1054296166.png

While the market was hanging aroound the top, I moved the pivot back to a lower low to see if it fit better. Questionable.

post-1-1054296228.png

What I should have done is move the zero pivot to the high once price started hanging around the top. The 45 degree pivot was the perfect place for this particular decline to end (not for good, just that leg). Also, I tried a long when it seemed like we were going to bounce off the 20 ema around noon-thirty. That was obviously wrong. Once it broke the 11.25 pivot, it was obvious there was more down to come.

post-1-1054296341.png

So for today, I placed the 0 pivot on the 15 at yesterday's low.

post-1-1054296389.png

And because the 11.25 pivot on the 15 seemed to contain any up for the last 45 minutes yesterday, I placed the 3 min 0 pivot right around there.

post-1-1054296446.png

We'll see if any of this works. :P

Guest bullseatshitndie

not really sure if today is going to be worth watching all day w/ month end. if es takes out 955, it's going to make another run to 960ish. if so, as long as price closes down in the low 50's or lower, that would be 3rd straight day of upper shadows on the daily candle. next week is when the fun should begin for bears.

For Blackbelt's count to work out, we must go down IMMEDIATELY after the open.

The usual clue for such a move is weakness in the Supermodels in the PreMarket.

So far, I don't see it. NVLS gapping up on the open.

Those who are short the market may consider donging the "must own" stocks for "window dressing".

not really sure if today is going to be worth watching all day w/ month end. if es takes out 955, it's going to make another run to 960ish. if so, as long as price closes down in the low 50's or lower, that would be 3rd straight day of upper shadows on the daily candle. next week is when the fun should begin for bears.

Agreed. I can see us sitting in a pretty tight range all day as positions are protected.

stoolheimers! :D

quote of the day:

"price of gold could reach 4000 dollars in 1985/86"

(Hornblower Fisher in an anlysis from the year 1983)

in every decade there are people who see the end of the world, they are always there, in the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and now.

in the 70s dollar did fall like a dead bird, and yes, the 70s wasnt an easy time, but what happend a few years later? Look beyond the shrub, maybe there will come a wiser governemnt and presisdent in the future, it isnt necessary that monster style deficit will go on forever. Think like War-hunt Puff-ate, think long term, really long term, think beyond today, and dont compare the US with japan, there many many many more probelms in japan than just the RE bubble.

kill me now! :lol:

Archived