An Economic 'Menu Of Pain'

I have just received my 2002 annual report from Sprott Asset Management, as I own their gold and precious metals fund. "The markets are not always right, as exhibited by the several unsustainable rallies throughout the past three years. It is our duty to believe in what we believe, until economic developments prove that we should alter our current defensive stance. Many "bottoms" were called in this bear market, all of which have proven elusive, but the willingness of optimists to believe tends to contrast with the trends in place." - Eric Sprott

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Possible count.

I am anticipating that count....unfortunately.....it should provide the conditions for a vicious correction.....few shorts will be left. My plan; cover over 954 and look to re-enter at that level.

LVLT building serious potential energy...........fwiw

chart.asp?symb=lvlt&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=3&maval=13%2C50&uf=0&lf=4&lf2=32&lf3=268435456&type=4&size=2&state=11&sid=102815&style=350&time=6&freq=1&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=6894&mocktick=1

Meta,

What's gotten into SEPR? It's up $3 in 5 minutes.

Bull flag breakout

I missed it. No chasing these. I buy at the bottom of the flags.

You haven't missed many. I think this is more drug than biotech, which might explain a "miss".

I appreciate your comments on the others.

hey wait, I thought we'd never see a parabolic mania like 2000 again in our lifetimes? :P

Since Oct lows

OVTI 7x

MED 24X

KVHI 3x

LAVA 4x

Who needs to play options when you can tag these?

But Piles,

Imagine owning calls on them :lol: :lol:

Everybody sees all those pattern we're watching, all eyeballs are gaming the same charts like Mark said,

don't you think the market should behave opposite to what it was expected to do ? Doesn't everybody see that "low volume test of high" thing ? Aren't everyone aware of high bulls/bears ratio ?

In effect, I guess this is like efficient market theory, everybody sees it but interprets it differently, so the end result never changes..

hey wait, I thought we'd never see a parabolic mania like 2000 again in our lifetimes? ?:P

Since Oct lows

OVTI 7x

MED 24X

KVHI 3x

LAVA 4x

Who needs to play options when you can tag these?

add 2 of today's screamers to the list JNPR & PMCS- 4X

JCOM 14X

TRAD 8X

SSYS 6X

USNA 12x

Missed 2000 bubble pop? Got a second chance soon. :lol:

Archived