Asia's Dependency

Windy: Re Equity Mae.

Classic - although the next best thing is

happening - home equity investment loans.

Loads of SMARTIES are tapping their home equity

to invest in shares. It seems so prefect - no margin

calls - cheap finance.

But hang on honey - aren't we betting the house!

This is not going to end well. :cry:

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your early edition of the holiday Weak End Anals is loaded.

In the early edition of your holiday Weak End Anals, Doc reviews the dailies. Then on Sunday morning you'll get Doc's weakly review of the long term charts, and their portents for the future.

Ouija, what say you?

Ouija says, I see barbeque in your future.

See Wall Street through the unique lens of the Anals of Stock Proctology. You too can follow in the footsteps of world famous Stock Proctologist, Dr. Stepan N. Stool. Yes, unlike most doctors, who are not Stepan N. Stool, Dr. Stepan N. Stool walked on Wall Street. Now you can too! Just follow Dr. Stool and the Anals.

Take a peek in the Anals as Doc reviews the data, chronicles the short, intermediate, and long term market cycles, with hot pictures of naked stock charts, the Long Bong Hit, Uncle Buck and the Golden Stool. Drop by your stock proctologist's office, and get the big picture. Stoolies, log one in. If you're not a stoolie already, become one Now! And don't forget to join Doc during the market day in Stooltrading as he plots the market's twists and turns for you, in advance yet!

Col Dash: Does "tiger cub" mean anything to you?

Even the bears are starting to think the market

is out of the woods.

Darkest before dawn?  :P

I feel the tide slowly going out and its eventually going to be rip tide.

We still need one massive wipeout leg down to lose the hopers forever before this bear is over and a new bull can begin.

Chances are very high, given the current record extreme in bullish sentiment, that it will start from this point.

Tell your kids to come in out of the ocean. :lol:

Like you all, I've been expecting a decline to begin for weeks now, but the money flow I see at the moment compared to the topping action between Dec 2001-Jan 2002 has me wondering how long it will take to finish this top. (I didn't take the time to check other topping periods.)

The first link below shows COMPX money flow currently and the second one shows the old one. Note we are still in the green both in the short and not-so-short range. It says we are still under accumulation. The old one turned red before the final top was in. It suggests to me we currently have about another month to go, with another runup needed to generate distribution. :angry:

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=$COMPQ,uu[w,a]dacaynay[d20030324,20030524][p][iLc7!Lc28]&pref=G

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=$COMPQ,uu[w,a]dacaynay[d20011101,20020201][p][iLc7!Lc28]&pref=G

is out of the woods.

Darkest before dawn? :P

"Tigar cub"? No, I can't say that it does.

Greg , Profunds has the Rising rates opportunity fund RRPIX which is 125 % the inverse of the long bond.I bought RRPIX this week and sold immediately after watching Greenpan discuss deflation. Comments by The End and Doc (as well as a European Banker that Crapvision called outrageous) also suggested to me that rates may go lower.

Would love to hear feedback on how to play this because I think there is money to be made here.

I understand the dynamics of supporting the dollar with higher rates, as they have been well presented by Doc and others. For some reason (stupidity?, politics?) Snow , Greenspan do not agree.

Can we force the Euro down with us as the dollar weakens?

Are we just going to crash to resolve the imbalance?

Comments appreciated.

Have been checking air fares for the big NYCASS!!

is out of the woods.

Darkest before dawn?  :P

"Tigar cub"? No, I can't say that it does.

Perhaps related somehow to Allianz/Tiger Fund?

Our weekend "mystery hunt?"

Mirant wrote off non-cash impairment losses of 2.2 billion in year 2002. This drained up its retained earning and its tangible asset became negative.

Forecast EPS in first year of recovery is 0.70. Although it may sound ridiculous, it can be a $10 stock.

A loss is a loss. The goodwill and investments written off represent the amount overpaid for the assets purchased. Shareholders still paid the price, and the value of the company is still -263 million. :P

?A loss is a loss?. It is fair to say this. This was caused by the collapse of energy trading business and was non-recurrent. But if there were not that loss, it would be trading at $3x.x and not $3.x.

No disrespect intended, but it did happen and the price isn't 3x.x. Furthermore, you really can't say the price would be there if the trading industry hadn't imploded because many other factors would affect the future price. The price of a stock at any moment reflects the results of all information at that particular moment in time and has no effect on the future price, even the next second, because new inputs are constantly intervening to impact the future price. At least this is the premise of chaos theory.

Is it valid? Is anything valid? Is this market valid?

I'm hung over, sorry.

Alas, Alas, Alas, no Brian4, not the case. The price of gold barely budged in Canadian dollars, same as the price of the Nasdog, S&P, or US Bonds. Because the Bank of Canada hiked rates TWICE this year, in a display of the most nonsensical macroeconomic move I've seen in a long time, which is saying a lot. The dollar rally obliterated gains in most asset classes I follow in US Dollars. My Cdn miners have lagged seriously, and CEF has actually gone down.

hey fokker,

what happens to CEF premium when GLD is unveiled?

I should note that a couple of months ago, CEF was priced 27-30% above NAV. Dave Morgan mentions that CEF was trading at a negative premium for awhile, back before I started following it, but at that point I'll be adding to my position. Undervalued is a good place to be a buyer.

hey fokker,

what happens to CEF premium when GLD is unveiled?

It drops by a maximum of 5-7%, which represents the current premium of CEF's price over NAV.

also thinking the premium gets unwound as GLD approaches. maybe we get a discount/dover sole on GLD's release date.

Archived