Kudlow Scores

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BEARDRECH

happy b'day mark

and brian--thanks for the supportive words for gold--i got a friend whose like lennie(tell me about the rabbits) in "Of mice and men"--like lennie limited in brains but unlike poor Lennie ,LUCKY beyond belief--everything he touches in stocks turns to gold and now literally he,acting on my asdvice,advice garnered through stoolville, he is the largest holder of gold shares among 600 customers in the broker division of a branch of one of the largest banks in the country---

Anyway today the chief honcho borker. a very nice guy,also on a parallel intellectual wave lenghth to my friend,and to whom gold is an element only encountered in Grimms fairy tales,said to my friend "Well it loooks like you're going to soon become a member of the millionares club"

As limited as our knowledge about markets are compared to this borker supervisor we are a combination of Gauss,kolmogoroff and einstein--he looks upon us as wizards--wow u were really right on about gold!!!

once again thanks for the confidence you and of course the good doktor and others have given me in maintaining my gold position---

beardrech---ps my family refers to me as the gold krank--i'm seriously thinking of taking my future winnings hiring a mafia hit man to put some sense(slugs) into the unthinking coconuts of some family members of mine :grin:

pps-you're right B4, it is a war, and i walk the streets of my heighborhood with a precursory tear in my eye looking at one store front after another,as if they were already crying"corpman,stretcherbearer" and i, to myself saying ,sotto voce," and you too will be replaced by a piece of plywood"--were it only in my power to save these innocents from their ignorance---

Guest BEARDRECH

hey doubleflush

I served in usaf from 52 to 56--trained as a turret system mechanich gunner flying in black bellied b-29's -destined to fight in the korean war my fear vix went stratospheric until just before departure to some forward airbase,either japan or okinawa,god intervened and hostilities ceased--aug 53--and the 38th parallel was established--

anyway we were transfered to an inflight refueling outfit and i became a boom operator refueling,wouldnt u know it--b-47's--sometimes we would rendezvouz over bermuda literally hundreds of aircraft our passing lights blazingly carouseling, waiting for guys like your dad who-believe it or not-had taken off from travis field california many hours before -would meet. be refueled by us and head towards east africa -do their thing and, without landing, commence their return ,again meeting and being refueled by us--i remember the masked faces of the pilots very well--

ask your dad if it was true that they used to get rubdowns from masseuses after one of their intercontinental missions--- BEARDRECH

Thanks for the rec Fadix - I've seen Le Met but not investigated it. (BTW: love your avatar - thought about a sticker of that for my auto but my neighbors would steal it for their own).

Takachi - thanks for that mind dump. Please do post more on it. That gives a whole different tone to the story.

This board never fails to amaze me with the breadth of its knowledge.

What if earnings guidance stopped?

What would happen next?

From the Color Commentator:

"I have to enjoy what Coke came out with today, basically a screw you to the analcyst community. They are not going to play the earnings game anymore. No forecasts, no quarterly releases, clearly they are tired of being gamed, rigged, jammed and hustled and old man Buffett is probably up to his eyeballs in stranded Keno chips and wants to put an end to the nonstop 5 minute candleing of one of his personal favorites."

"A power move to wrest control of that end of the Market from the Houses of Ill Repute. Just imagine if you will what would happen if Klacety KLAC and AMuT and the leading worthless semiexploders decided they would no longer release forecasts or quarterlies. The entire Global marketplace would implode in a Sigma-10 panic withdrawl. The patient would be overwhelmed with delirium tremors within minutes and lose any registered heart beat. Not all the kings horses and all the kings men could put the monster then back together again. Without starter pistols going off morning, noon, and night, without Shills stripping in the bacarrat pits in full view of the wildly inebriated players, without bosses muscling price minute by freaking minute off bogus news blurbs from pimp Houses; without any of this, Charles Ponzi simply could not survive. The air would suddenly become too rareified, the light of day would expose him like the Sun shredding and melting a grotesque Dracula. God how beautiful it would be."

On balance the Coke idea is a good one I think. Not that I believe their motives are pure. I always assume the worst. For the big guys the gaming is becomming a losing proposition, with all sorts of liability concerns. They wouldn't stop the game if they thought it was going to hurt them. For the crap, it's their reason for existence. They will never stop.

If you have a real company why bother? If all you have is a stock with a building to show off, what else is there but to game and prop?

It will be interesting to see where the Crapvision consensus falls on this. Probably negative. Intended or not it is a shot across their bow and a net positive for us I'd guess right now.

"GG has advertised their belief that gold is money and in that light has essentially stashed their company cash position in gold."

Now that is bloody radical. What if Microsoft, IBM and GM announced that they would hold their tens of billions in cash balances in bullion and coins, instead of money markets and Treasury paper?

It would be like Czechoslovakia's 'velvet revolution' in Nov. 1989, when one weekday morning everyone in the country downed tools and walked out into the streets in a mass strike. The authorities were exposed as emperors with no clothes. In a matter of hours, the disgraced regime lurched, imploded, and tumbled.

Memo to bulls:

Buy more.

Average Down.....and hold forever.

Don't worry, be happy.

Shop more and buy big houses.

Maintain optimism at all times; avoid social leprosy.

Good Luck. Let the games begin.

Monthlies: (NO substitute for Hurst cycles, but ok for a kwasi-nebulous macro view).

engine.asp?skin=marketscreen&split=1&pri=&time=&cname=&lcprice=&symbol=spx&indicator=1,13,,;32,5,3,3;33,,,;34,,,&dur=3y&freq=2&intr=&type=4&width=480&height=360

engine.asp?skin=marketscreen&split=1&pri=&time=&cname=&lcprice=&symbol=ndx&indicator=1,13,,;32,5,3,3;33,,,;34,,,&dur=3y&freq=2&intr=&type=4&width=480&height=360

Yup, the market hysteria has created opprtunities galore. If anyone is looking for a technical short thats absurdly overdone , take a look at PIXR...stochastic k 99, d2 96 and d1 91. I have never seen a stock this overdone on the monthly chart since the last bubble when MSTR was 300 dollars! it could get a slight pop, but it will reverse and tank almost instantly...look for 50 t cover , 56 if you are impatient.

http://investertech.com/tkchart/tkchart.as...IXR&wt=3&ind=nn

Also, look at CBJ breaking out on Monthly chart. Gold stock trading at 1 times sales! This stock RSI is all set up on monthly too...7 day higher than 14, 14 higher than 21....thats what we call a new bull market formation in gold baby!

Archived