Thanksgiving

I did some editing, hopefully judicious, of the most recent posts.

There are some very angy people out there. This thing is at an emotional fever pitch. Is it because I am on the wrong side of the market, or because tops bring out the absolute worst in people? Traders are a crazy bunch anyway, but really, between this message board, and my email, this is like full moon over the asylum.

It's going to be really interesting to see who next week plays out.

Fergodsake, I sure wish everyone on this board realizes that I am expressing my opinions based on the best analysis I can do, and that those opinions could be wrong. I assume that everyone here is acting in what they feel is their own best interests, and that if you trade bearishly, it is because you believe in what you are doing. If the only reason you are trading bearishly is because you think I know something that you don't, you are sadly mistaken. I would really hope that all of us are big enough and smart enough to think for ourselves, and manage our trading wisely. That means please, do not overleverage, and always use protection.

Happy holidays.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doc, speaking personally, I think you do a great job. If you're in the wrong sometimes, people need to realize that YOU'RE ONLY HUMAN... and, ultimately, their money is their own responsibility. If people are blaming you for losses or whatever, (pardon my candor, but) fornicate 'em.

Don't let the bastards grind ya down. If you were ALWAYS right, you could charge $50,000/mo. access fees.

There will always be people who are unwilling to take responsibility for their actions. These people are not worthy of your concern.

Keep up the great work.

Guest AssMaster

This is so reminiscent of 98 or 00. Bears with Tourette's syndrome, lashing out at each other and everything.

We must all take responsiblity for our own actions, since we cannot control anyone else. There are no guarantees in life.

What do you make of the fact that the market keeps overreaching our most bullish upside projections? This reminds me of 1987 where the crash kept me bearish for 10 years after. All it takes to set this market on higher or lower is some stupid law being passed (or even the hint of it).

One would do well to listen to PileDriver and, regardless of your outlook, not to anticipate tops and bottoms nor follow trends late into the move. Assume a moving trading range and sell high, buy low and know when to step aside until your plan can be implemented. And have a plan in case the market goes against you. Don't bet your whole wad on one roll of the dice.

Why do you think this pig keeps going up? Everyone keeps shorting it before it breaks! The long-term trend is down, the intermediate trend is up until it's not.

Let's not poke the caged bears while the market is killing them. And let's not spew too much random bile in the message board in the same period. We would all be better off keeping our outrage to ourselves and trade on thinking rather than emoting. B)

Oh, and I bought some more tech crap so I am nearly positive that noon today marks the absolute high of the short-term trend and perhaps the intermediate trend. I am really, really good at that.

One thing I can tell you is that hanging around bear message boards too much during an uptrend will lose you LOTS of money.

Market's closed tomorrow for a reason. So get out, have some turkey.

Charliss- sorry- Didn't mean to do that. I was editing out parts of posts for obvious reasons, and I must have mistakenly blotted out those few words.

Doc, no problem. I understand.

(Doing after market bookkeeping now......)

I also understand that as I use your method as reference and guidance it is because I choose to do so. This choice means that I find something appealing about it. While I have not been trading for a long time by some standards (five years), I have been doing it this length of time for a living and so I have been through some ups and downs. If I couldn't accept the challenges of this kind of work I would return to what I used to do. Being centered is key, and sometimes that takes an act of will.

Tanks for everything....

Doc, your work is great and I am mature & seasoned enough to realize that one is never right all the time. That's what stops are for. I love using your work to confirm mine and ST time new entries. Works great for me!

Have a happy T-day.

Turkey this week, roast PIG next month/year. I'll let Mr Marke tell me when he is ready to take it out of the oven.

Hey, this bear rally has gone further than alot of peeps thought.

That said, its got further to go for a few days, so I stepped off this morning. I havent lost a penny in this bear rally off the Oct 10 lows because I usually was right, I was quick to take a profit, I dont try to game the tape daily, and I know when to say when.

HEre is the QQQ chart... and it says $30 in bold...

post-3-1038437296_thumb.gif

Folks, please remember that Doc is doing the best he can under very difficult circumstances. Remember what BARE has said a number of times - about the market wanting to devour both bulls and bears before this was over? Eventually the long term and secular term trends will reassert themselves and value will in fact out, hopefully sooner than later. Meanwhile it's important to do whatever you have to do in order to get through this period.

My suggestion for now is to simply let go of this for tonight - through a good TV show, playing with creatures, music, exercise, meditation, etc., ie, whatever it takes - so that tomorow so that you can be present for your loved ones both in spirit as well as body this holiday.

Peace

The Fibonacci 38.2% retracement of the decline from the January 2000 all-time high is 8936. The 50% retracement of the decline from the March high, arguably the most important high since the peak, is 8935. So two separate Fibonacci retracement levels formed by two of the most important peaks of the past 2 years are essentially identical. Today's print high is 8939.9 and closing high is 8931.7, within points of Fibonacci resistance.

More interesting stuff...

SPY almost done, see the trendline on chart...

NAS about done also... should decline on Friday, a close below 1441 confirms downtrend for several weeks. If she moves up Friday and into Monday, then looks like 1535 and maybe 30 on the Q's...

DOW, may have more more gasp upward.

post-3-1038438693_thumb.gif

not likely that many will read this :)

I'm no longer going to the old boards. Too old to fool with all of them at one time. Doc will make the official change I think he said on the 7th.

Again, hope all of you have (had if you are reading this after or on thanksgiving) a great thanksgiving and have someone to be with to celebrate.

Happy Thanksgiving, Stoolies. ?Time to go buy an industrial keg of Prep-H. ?Luckily, all the best things in life are still free.

Greg, best to you! Will you be looking for another puppy?

Eventually, yes. But looking for a mate with whom to raise the puppy- it was sad giving back Milo, but a bit of a relief. It's tough work being a single parent.

Yes re the single parent thing- my partner spends a lot of his time in the office or else on biz travel....we have a golden retriever and a siberian forest cat. Interesting that we have a neighbor who has a black lab puppy whom she has named.....Milo......

gets even weirder, my black dog is named Milo too.

Archived