Pulmonary Edema

Should be an interesting Bob Hans Hans Hans Hans Brinker radio show this week. "Supreme congratulations to all those who followed our advice and put their stock market capital to work at SPY 80 on 3/11 after being in cash for two years. You deserve all the credit for the massive gains you are sitting on. Remember we are in a cyclical bull within a secular bear, and believe this will carry for 2 to 3 years with gains well over 25% for you. Of course in only about 6 weeks we have already received about 17% gains which underscores the point that you can't afford to be out of this market for even one minute now! For those poor unfortunates who missed the call to get in, our advice is to not chase it or jump in at these levels. Instead a prudent strategy of dollar cost averaging could provide a method of placing capital to work from here."

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a brainteaser:

Should this 7 month daily chart be donged, shorted or left alone? Why?

Looks like a wedge to me which is converging towards the end with the Money Flow decreasing, STO rolling over and the MACD decreasing. Looks like the bottom trend line is on the 50 dma.

I would look for a break of the bottom trend line, see what the STO, CMF and MACD looked like at the time. I didn't see the ROC on there, but it should be accelerating downwards. If all of those conditions were true, I would short it with the 50 dma as a stop.

Then I would watch carefully what happened when it reached the 20 dma. If it repelled on higher volume, I would cover and see what happened when it tested the trendline it just broke.

Just heard Jim Grant on The Nightly Business Report. Jim is still bearish. He was down right gloomy. Thank you God. I needed something to hang on to. I will post a link to the interview transcript tomorrow.

If Grant EVER gets exurb'rent...it's an alien. Not that hugging isn't okay. Okay? OKOKOK. :lol:

Hey Guys,

For some of you more "seasoned" guys here's a line from a great old song that even End will appreciate, "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in"

Check this out if your worried about alot more pain : http://trending123.com/stocks/chart_of_nasdaq5.htm

I have never been so anxious to get short in all of my trading life. I just keep repeating patience, patience, patience......but the time is just about now!!!

Be Well

Do yourselves a big favor this weekend...

Relax, and DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT read the business section of newspaper or watch any business/finance/money shows  :wink2:

Isolate yourselves from the idiots.  Jesse Livermore did at critical times like these.  This is critical juncture, don't blow it.

Good night!

For a change I found Wall Street Week with George "Louis R" Washington to be mildly interesting. Rather that the typical shrieking sell side types, he actually had three technical anal cysts.

Believe it or not, I actually heard the odd bearish word slip out here and therre.

I captured the audio and will email to Doc, hopefully he will post.

Mousey! - I hope your recovery continues apace.

I guess my point was that I can see the case for a bullish crowd psychology and the case for a bearish crowd psychology. I'm cautious now, feeling my way along, after closing or lightening my positions.

rr

Garcon, Mr. Butterfield and I will have more Gordon's gin and turn up the Mose.

"I don't want much in this life,

it's the simple things I treasure.

Until I die, I will survive

on fame, riches, and sensual pleasure." :P

Guest AssMaster

Relax, and DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT read the business section of newspaper or watch any business/finance/money shows ?:wink2:

Isolate yourselves from the idiots. ?Jesse Livermore did at critical times like these. ?This is critical juncture, don't blow it.

Good night!

For a change I found Wall Street Week with George "Louis R" Washington to be mildly interesting. Rather that the typical shrieking sell side types, he actually had three technical anal cysts.

Believe it or not, I actually heard the odd bearish word slip out here and therre.

And did you notice at least two out of three were bullish on gold?

A little study. Go to bigcharts and draw trend lines on both Log and arithmetic charts across the highs. Tell me or your self what you see.

Go back four years and just connect the highs on daily weekly and monthly charts.

Is there a Doctor in the House... I'll need to have my a$$ sutured up after Greenspan's FOMC meeting. I sold my Calls mid-day and am sitting on only Puts (except I'm strong Long on PM's) expiring in May. Hell, I'm so smart I sold SUNW yesterday ?:( ?:angry:

Welcome to MENSA! I sold too!

However, I bought NEM June 30 calls at .25 and sold them at .50 for as much coin as I would have made in SUNW. And held WMB and DYN which were up nicely.

This is not to say I have not made my share of bad trades...just that some are not so bad. Miners are holding up fairly well too.

A mixed bag.

I'm the turd genious who sold :angry:

Uh....I sold DYN ay 3.69...need I say anything more?

Well I sold CPN at 4.05! Hah! :P

Oh wait, even better - I had a BUTTLOAD of Harmony and Drooy on Sept. 2000. I mean like 50% of my portfolio. It dropped 20% so I got stopped out...at THE ALLTIME LOW! Gack!

Edit: I mean, the EXACT low! Can you imagine the gains from there? I can...no I'm not bitter...well, not much...hell yes I'm bitter! :P

I sold SUNW at 3.54 and made a loss.

I bought DYN at 0.67 and sold at 4.5 :D and still holding MIR.

Relax, and DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT read the business section of newspaper or watch any business/finance/money shows ?:wink2:

Isolate yourselves from the idiots. ?Jesse Livermore did at critical times like these. ?This is critical juncture, don't blow it.

Good night!

And did you notice at least two out of three were bullish on gold?

Yes I did. I liked Lou's comment about "gold and the dollar going up?" to which the anal cyst said "er, no, we are bearish on the dollar". Lou then asked about stocks going up while the dollar went down and there was a fair amount of awkwardness while Lou was left to question his bullish bias on stocks. :rolleyes:

Archived