Red Underwear

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The CoinGuy

No Sweat Doc,

Thought Uncle Buck was to sick this morning to stay on the chart myself. Kept dropping off the bottom :P . Being the CoinGuy, I don't mind staring at hooey all day long, problem is I'm not usually seeing double this early in the morning...

good trading to all,

The CoinGuy

Spin Doctors at work -

8:30am 12/12/02

Jobless claims jump; four-week avg below 400K By Rachel Koning

Just as most economists were expecting, the weekly jobless claims number rose significantly in the latest week, the first increase in three weeks. The closely watched four-week moving average also rose, although remained below the key 400,000 mark. For the week ended last Saturday, first-time requests for unemployment insurance benefits rose 83,000 to 441,000, a return to April layoff levels. The four-week moving average rose by 10,000 to 387,250. Economists expected an increase, believing that seasonal allowances for the Thanksgiving holiday skewed the data in the opposite direction in the previous week.

SG chimes in

See what happens when I dont stick with my patterns?

NDX looks like it will fill that 1065 gap I've only yapped about for 2 1/2 days now.... but I entered last night close anyways since I use Rydex Funds.

Problem with Rydex, I only have 1030am or 4pm to enter or exit a trade on the indexes... so I entered last night, realizing we may fill my gap up...

That said... doesnt matter... the gap DOWN to 975 on the NDX will be filled shortly, the sooner we hit 1065, the sooner the next leg down starts.

Timing is everything as they say...

Finally.... Interesting how on Crapvision, now they discuss "seasonality" of jobless claims when they are bad numbers... but when they are good numbers, they dont bring Seasonality up at all...hmmmmmmm

Also, .5% increase in retail sales is GOOD?????????hmmmmm , not really.

Also, Sprint upping EPS a tad, but cutting revenue forecasts and capex, laying off more peeps... thats good??? hmmmmmmm

Ultimately, the market will discount the Tech stocks come q1 when all this cockamamey q4 mild uptick is over in spending. In addition, you can only cut costs for so long to juice earnings... at some point you need profit margin expansion and revenue expansion at same time... and that aint happening in03

So... I remain bearish the QQQ index, with a 26.30 target for gap fill....

Followed by a move towards 24.50.... good day to enter shorts.

They fingered the equity/options shorts yesterday, now they got the futures guys today. What's next? Currency turnaround. Bet they talk it up big-time in the next few days. Also think gold will head south for a bit, but it may touch 330 before it does so.

Seems like a repeating pattern, pronounced bearish sentiment gets deep enough, turns around on a dime by a positive report. Its almost like it was planned that way. Duh....

Archived