In The Beginning . . .

A fairly well-known newsletter I subscribe to (which will go un-named...... to avoid whatever complications .....but some of you will figure it out for yourselves) is showing the Coppock possibly turning up in the next 10 days which is supposedly a major bullish confirmation for the long term.....and, they have what they call a "selling vacuum" which is beginning to form, which is also bullish :angry:.......there is not legit reason for a long rally but the market doesn't care .........I like Piles take on things but these other indicators are killin me with worry......1/3 short in URPIX averaging 880 spx but have this sick feeling these may get trapped for a long period.....also, the bpis have a ways to go to the upside where they can hover for quite a while....the bpi on the financials has a looong way to rally :blink:

Yo Yanevano

I too have been trapped in some shorts for a while. I feel like the proverbial frog in a pot. It?s getting rather warm and I really hate the idea of either jumping out and swallowing my pain before the bully gas runs out or getting cooked.

Since March 11-12 currency intervention gap the sellers have had no ability to get the ball rolling. How long can this be ignored?..?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q1 reports have been 'highly encouraging' so far: Pru By Tomi Kilgore

1:46pm 04/21/03

Ed Keon, quantitative strategist at Prudential, said that after viewing the reports from just over 20 percent of the S&P 500, first quarter results have so far been "highly encouraging." He said there is still reason to be cautious, but he believes a "positive economic and market cycle may have begun." He suggests investors overweighting in sectors that would benefit the most from a "virtuous" cycle, such as the financial and information technology sectors.

:blink:

Ed Keon, quantitative strategist at Prudential, said that after viewing the reports from just over 20 percent of the S&P 500, first quarter results have so far been "highly encouraging." He said there is still reason to be cautious, but he believes a "positive economic and market cycle may have begun." He suggests investors overweighting in sectors that would benefit the most from a "virtuous" cycle, such as the financial and information technology sectors.

The boat must be fully loaded before the next down leg begins. Thanks for helping load the boat Ed. :lol: :P

The boat must be fully loaded before the next down leg begins. Thanks for helping load the boat Ed. :lol: :P

The scary thing here is that if you followed the bullhorns for the last month, you'd be up big. They never say "sell", so nobody's selling.

Archived