Patience Is Better Than Judgment

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only thing dover sole is PM's - fixin' to get the short squeeze of a lifetime; for once, I'm a squeezer, not a squeezee.

Trickee Dickee ARMS: I have gone against him more than once, usually paying the consequences. As I recall, his indicators are short-term. If my house gets dirty every week, I clean it every week. If my house gets run down every decade, I usually just buy another. Point being that his short term indicators might not be valid for long term "dover sole" predictions. MAybe someone with a little more ARMs knowledge could comment?

Another : AMR WILL be bankrupt soon...their fixed costs are going to kill em. Eveyone could work for free and most airlines will go under. There will need to be massive consolidation and "re-regulation" (ie, price fixing sanctioned by the US Govt.) for airlines to be "competitive" again.

SG, you should try to get it.

Having your personal view expressed is appreciated by all of us. Having it applied to us like an order, instruction or command strikes some as being offensive. Being called names like "chicken littles" is deeply offensive, and unacceptable given the awesome depth of knowledge, training, devotion and money backing many Stoolies' opinions. Some Stoolies here are running positions that many your few 100K look like pocket change.

I love having you around, because I'm interested in what you know and how you see things. I'm personally not into your "shtick" at all, as it just rubs me as poor manners, but that's my own shtick.

Hope that helps.

Another : AMR WILL be bankrupt soon...their fixed costs are going to kill em. Eveyone could work for free and most airlines will go under. There will need to be massive consolidation and "re-regulation" (ie, price fixing sanctioned by the US Govt.) for airlines to be "competitive" again.

That's my thinking, plus there is a biiiigggg gap to fill on the downside. I am thinking of shorting when it tops out with a target of around $4. Wouldn't want to wait for it to go bankrupt--would be difficult to buy to cover if it's not trading.

That's my thinking, plus there is a biiiigggg gap to fill on the downside. I am thinking of shorting when it tops out with a target of around $4. Wouldn't want to wait for it to go bankrupt--would be difficult to buy to cover if it's not trading.

Plus I think SARS will be a factor in the coming month or two.

If I feel like a dartboard, then I see darts coming at me.

If I tell someone their opinion is respected and welcome, and that there's no need to tell people to be careful, I am not throwing a dart. I am merely suggesting that it is not necessary to tell people to be careful. We know to be careful. At the same time we choose to take the risks we feel are appropriate. I can only hope that the message is received as it was intended.

There is no need to tell stoolies to be careful, SG. We are always careful.

Your opinion is respected and welcome. There's no need to preach.

lastly - I know several AMR employees/Flight Attendants here in Dallas, they beleive it was all a game of chicken, but they were "manhandled" by the union bosses into voting for cuts. Whatever comes out of it, it has created a lot of bad blood in a company which already had rocky employee relations. Some are applying to Southwest, but their pay scale isn't a whole lot better.

Bottom line: don't expect salary stability if you're not in a "growth" industry. And who IS anymore? This is why I find SOME inflation scenarios a little ludicrous.

Isn't every taxpaying shortseller's dream to be able to keep a short indefinitely?

MWH

Archived