Speaking Of Dinner Parties, Al...

Hanky, good job. I did the same in 1995 and was roundly criticized by everyone I knew. Got "I told you so" from everyone for several years into the bubble, with calculations showing me how much I would have made had I just put the money into the stock market instead.

Of course my timing sucked. 1995 was not the best year for it, but I haven't looked back since and I don't feel enslaved by the debt.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
s.png

Hey Doc, why not come over to Chez Fokker- got a 768k DSL line there... and DSL installation softwarre... or better yet, can plug into my 1.5 mbit line at the orifice, got a router and everything :grin:

If you saw all the stuff my friends get to use that was left by Enron you would drop to the floor. 8 ton unit on roof, $5 grand server racks abandoned, $200,000 battery back up system abandoned and left in room friends just rented for $200 bucks a month for servers....absolutely ridiculous and thats not even opening their doors to the main office with a few million in equipment rotting. :angry: What a sham, thought they would auction that stuff off or something.

Last night, when I first saw Mark's retirement announcement, I dared not post the first thought that came to mind out of my respect and fondness for Mark as one of the best market commentators of our time. The thought was, "This may just be one of the great sell signals of our time." It certainly fits, in terms of my cycle analysis, and as I wrote elsewhere last night, it's time to do or die. Here's where we find out whether this forecast of a top is the right call or not.

The purpose of my trip was to find a place to stay this summer here in the beautiful Mauricie Region of Quebec, where Madame Stool spent most of her life. Yesterday, we may have gotten lucky. Looked at a place on a wooded hillside overlooking Lac Souris available through an acquaintance of one of Madame's good friends. We'll know Friday.

We are staying with my in-laws for now. My father-in-law has cable internet. I went to the local office equipment store and picked up a wireless router and network adapter for my laptop. This is so cool! I can now take the laptop anywhere within a 1/4 mile of the hub and still have a high speed on-line connection.

And I do mean anywhere! :lol: :lol:

Many tanks to those who took advantage of the Tax Relief Special and for all of your continued support!

Happy Passover and Happy Easter to all!

DF:  does that mean the equity-pc induced warning is lowered from GMTFOH to just plain ole' run for the hills?

MWH - hard to say being it's options scam week. Could be major hedging was dropped looking at the index PCR.

DF: You're right, of course. It's difficult to say what's going on. Most options scam weeks the pc ratio is much higher than normal, and I tend to tune that out accordingly. So, given that we've rallied into this time period, it's quite conceivable that the exact opposite could be taking place and merely creating a whole lot of noise.

If it's not what's happening, it would suggest a whole lot of buy-the-dipsters are going to get burned. Shame on them, after such a long bear market.

MWH

Soup,

Can't make sense of the CDW report. One thing that stands out is they include the last two days of the previous quarter in the results. They do this every quarter but looks like govt and corp budget flush has something to do with it.

INTC on the otherhand is a clown show. In the center ring we have the sale of previously written-off defective chips (which carry 100% margins). In ring number two last years results were reduced by $0.015 per share due to litigation losses. Addinmg these two things back, earnings actually dropped by 10% (2 cent miss). By the way I am now short INTC

Archived