Finding Inner Peace

Email from Sam, my boss, two days ago:

Subject: Inner peace...

I am passing this on to you-------it is working for me...I think---probably vodka works too.

I have found inner peace.

I read an article that said the way to achieve inner peace is to FINISH things I had started.

Today I finished 2 bags of potato chips, a cherry pie, a fifth of Cutty Sark, a box of chocolate candy and slapped the living shit out of someone I don't like.

I feel better already.

Pass this along to those who need inner peace.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW,

Short term...

I use the GET indicators on e-signal. The computer generated e-wave counts on the ES 1,3,5, min (24 hour) and the 15 min (rth) are all calling for a fifth wave up. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to it, but I also don't ignore it.

On the 15 min, this a count working from yesterday's low @ 865 -- targets 892 - 902 or so.

Caveat -- the counts tend to change and subdivide as we roll around here.

Although the market sure seems like it wants to push higher from here, the problem I have putting faith in SG's count is that it would require Doc's analysis to be pretty "wrong". And I'm not comfortable with that. Call it a case of cognitive dissonance.

Liquidity drives the market. Look at M1 in Docs annals.

Silly old man can pump much as he like. If there are no takers then what can he do. Just look at Japan.

post-3-1050425669.gif

My opinion on "counts" is to always have a backup count on the back of your mind and take trades near the points where one count invalidates the other. This way the risk is smaller.

My current read for the NDX is that it's in a "C" down to complete an ABC since the December high in the mid-to upper 800s. That fits well with my mid-summer low. That doesn't prevent me of course to take "long" trades because of the duration I hold the positions.

The time that I'll get more aggressive on either side of the trade is when we reach the point where the "count" or direction is clear. And, for me, that can only be accomplished with "time projections" which say that the "time" to watch is early/mid May

Although the market sure seems like it wants to push higher from here, the problem I have putting faith in SG's count is that it would require Doc's analysis to be pretty "wrong". And I'm not comfortable with that. Call it a case of cognitive dissonance.

Add that I can understand Hurst cycles.

FWIW,

The VIX has a double top target of 25.20. Pretty close.

The QQV has a double top target of 31.25. Currently 31.80

The VXN has a double top target of 39.09. Currently at 38.25

This indicator will be going to a rating of 1.00 effective immediately. Doesn't mean the volatility indicators can't fall further. They've reached their targets and are historically low readings, so they will be moved to maximum overbought for the purpose of my indicator oscillator, as long as they are at or below these levels.

Another caveat is to watch for a failed fifth at todays high (double top)

Again, I stress this is very short term stuff (as if the mention of one minute charts didn't give you a clue :P )

Isnt there an indicator on the get chart (PTI I think) that tells you of the probability of a failed 5th (e.g. <35)

Archived