Baghdad Bob - One Of A Kind?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
greg: I used to sell oex call spreads, but the lliquidity stinks. So I now sell listed stuff naked ( very small size.)

My account is so small that I need the hedges to cover the short contract sale- if I can make a month's rent, that's a measurable percentage of the overall account. I'm just tired of trying to be a hero and time the turns perfectly. Better to take the money, watch the range, and chill :D

My new approach to this difficult market. Without the Anals and Doc, I wouldn't have the stones to even put on this spread trade. Hopefully it'll pan out for me.

Good day stoolies!

My simpleton thougts coming into earnings season.....Internets have been on fire and software has been thrown in the trash....Sets up nicely for a fall in the internet space (watch out YHOO, EBAY, AMZN) and a possible jam in selected software names. Ebay down nicely on negative Barrons article apprently. IBM tonight....could go either way, Im inclined to short it though.....

Still short ebay, qlgc, and long gfi....also own djx puts.

Cheers!

greg: I like the idea of spread trades, I think I will revisit the concept, perhaps using the djx?

I like the DJX to short for the same reason I avoided it like the plague to buy. The premiums are just stupid- it was cheaper to dong GE puts than DJX puts. So, as a premium seller, the DJX will be my darlin (I hope). I'm trying it during opex week because the premium should fade quickly if we get anything short of that phantom rally. With any luck, I'll keep the little spread. Still long my June QQQ puts- got a nice entry last week.

I've opened a thread on LOB for those interested.

Anyone trying to trade this muck?

Sitting on a wad of June QQQ 26 puts. Will hold, barring a real rally. Was going to to do a straddle or collar, but never got around to it.

Not going to try to daytrade this. Maybe will try to swing-trade for a bounce/lower-high next week if we get a reasonable low by Thurs.

Will see what plays out.

Mianly sitting on gold shares and energy royalty trust shares.

Archived