Grover Cleveland

President (1885-89, 93-97) Grover Cleveland liked beer. Presidential Anecdotes by Paul Boller relates the following story of his 1870 campaign for district attorney of Erie County, New York:

[Cleveland] and his friendly opponent, Lyman K. Bass, agreed to drink only four glasses of beer daily. But after they had met a few times on warm summer evenings to talk things over, they decided that their ration was too skimpy and so began to "anticipate" their future supply. A few evenings later, Bass suddenly exclaimed: "Grover, do you know we have anticipated the whole campaign?" Cleveland nodded sorrowfully. The next night, however, both of them brought huge tankards to the saloon, christened them "glasses," and had no problem with the ration after that.

This from It Costs to Be President by Henry L. Stoddard:

When considering whether to run in 1892, Cleveland wrote: "Why should I have any desire or purpose to return to the Presidency? I do not want the office. It involves a responsibility beyond human strength to a man who brings conscience to the discharge of his duties."

Wonder what changed his mind.

Do you think it might have been space aliens?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drano, No way. I'm not defending any of these pieces of crap, just trying to contribute some work. I like to see awful funnymentals when I short. I am only an amateur here.

Doody, I meant, think it'll get to 6.63 again?, not that ridiculous high. And I think at the most funnymental basis, Lam really sux -- anything having to do with chips will. Don't listen to me, I don't know anything.

Rockhead, in response to am post, I like both charts. I'm more familiar with tick/trin but they're available through live charts. adv/ dec certainly worked for me today. Maybe give em some more time or alternate. either way you go I like both and they look cool too. Thanks for all your work. Gotta run, hope to be back before close to get short.

SG Chimes in with the gameplan

Much like last Wed-Friday, the market (Q's) flopped and chopped for 3 days. I decided enough distribution took place and I shorted Fri at the close. I covered monday morning for a FAT profit.

Now, its Wed afternoon... other than more flopping and chopping... the Q's are where they were at the 1045 am tape on Monday morning where I covered.

So, Simple guy being simple and all... says he will short at the close... cuz the distribution games over 3 days are over today.

the 26.07 today did not hit my 26.30 gap, but Im going to assume that gap wont get filled until we first hit 24.55....

So there you have my official take. If market holds up enough, I will short 200% the Q's at the close, using RYVNX.... and cover around 24.50 plus.... on the Q's...

For a FAT PROFIT....

Just my opinion...

"this is how we do it"

Archived