A Moment Of Awakening . . .

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stutz: from the magambo gurus latest: "So a bullish bet on the global economy right now is that Alan Greenspan, in tight cooperation with the other powerful central bankers around the world and planetary system, utilizing a consistent theory of monetary/banking policy, will, for the very first time in history, actually conquer the fabled "business cycle," that pesky boom-bust scenario, that has been the bane of man.

"

Soup, something important is different this time. Never before have we had deflation while the currency was not on a gold (or bi-metallic) standard. This makes some people conclude that the governments (not just the Fed) will be able to inflate their way out - indefinitely.

I personally think that they are wrong and deflation will eventually win - after all, this is the only known way to erradicate debt and the current problems are caused mainly by the mountain of debt - and creating even more debt can't be the solution for it. However, fact is that we don't really know because we've never had such a situation before. As always, time will tell.

Regards,

Vesselin

You can't buy integrity, Rockhead.

Hmmmm....maybe, maybe not. That is a good point and a fine upstanding example, but I would tend to disagree. I am sure your integrity could be bought for SOME price. C'mon...admit...SOME price.

The question is what is "price"?

In truth, my point was that everything/everybody has a price! People immediately assume we are talking strictly monetary compensation....which is what first comes to mind in most people. Remeber, "price" can and does include monetary compensation, emotion, mental, character, reputation, etc. Sorry to disagree, but everything can be bought or sold at SOME PRICE.

I closed all of my long posistions...... naz *appeared* to have topped out for now, and my gap calc said so. Is it the top? I really do not know. But I decided to take the cookies the first time the plate was passed.......

mousey, BRCM was good for .43

I have others but they would be retro, so not postable.

ok, BEARX, you can kick in now, *maybe*

SG warns

At 1050 am, and approx 1150 am... there were 2 HUGE BLOCK trades of the QQQ's.... both were near highs of the intra-days at the time too...

Me thinks its going to be ugly on Thur and Friday... Im hoping market holds up into the close and I will be going short.

Will update later...

Looked up valuations on Pile's, and others' short recs this morning and was surprised to see they didn't suck that much. I used yahoo . don't know if they can be trusted or if anyone here cares about funnymentals, but these are the ones that really suck: lltc pe=46,ps=17!,qlgc pe=44,ps=9.4,qcom pe=89,ps=10

Archived