The Principle Of Relativity

I received the following message From Miss Moneypenny yesterday morning:

Hey Glad,

Saw those posts earlier today about the high cost of gasoline for our troops in Iraq. Perhaps this will put it in perspective...

Hey $2 for a gallon of gas ain't so bad -- consider this:

Yet another fine example of The Principle of Relativity - and thanks for providing this as today's Morning Offering, Miss Mp! icon12.gif

an2.gifAnd Happy Anniversary to rog, who joined us exactly one year ago today.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad, you'd make a lousy theoretical physicist...

And r u speaking "theoretically" about "relativity"? When HRFF went to look at Princeton ass a senior in high school he and his Joisey perp skool roommate drove up to the campus FURom Essex Fells one day in late summer. Many of the buildings were closed. The Fyne Math and Physics tower was one of the few open. HRFF wandered around the huge cyclotron housed in the basement, then went upstairs and sauntered down corridors by doors with those little black signs with etched white lettering that said things like: "Theoretical Relativity". Princeton did much to bring WMD's into being, at least of the thermonuclear ilk. Now it's graduate is leading our military into a most parlous new role, globally, to contain them, having, allegedly, colluded in a deception that nuclear weapons were a justification for THIS pending invasion. (It won't be deception FUR the succeeding attempted conquest (N Korea)) He and Mr Cheney pull the Puppet's strings, butt, then, after all, The Puppet is a YALIE.

Ironic, is it SNOT?

They still haven't surpASSED 863 after hours.

Even if they do, on the morrow, they must HOLD it there.

This is a gift to all the bears to enter when this rally ends. I am waiting to short sometimes next week. all in cash as of yesterday cause this rally might just have leg, the bigger trend is still down and that is how I am playing it.

Oilman

Oh, we got a monster rally going here. What a way for a bear to wake up in the AM. Two questions in my mind are whether the strength can persist through the day, and if so, will it whipsaw those sell signals on the daily charts.

I'm going back to bed.

And for those of you who missed it-

A New Attitude April 1, 2003

Dr. Stool was heartened today to see the market hold its ground and move higher on the good news that the ISM wasn't worse than more people thought is was going to be. It was pretty bad, but good enough for the market as it discounts the economic recovery that will take off as soon as the war ends.

It's April and with Spring in the air, Doc approaches the market with a new attitude. He looks at the data, chronicles the short, intermediate and long term market cycles, with hot pictures of naked stock charts, the Long Bong Hit, Uncle Buck and the Golden Stool. Drop by your stock proctologist's office, and get the inside picture, all in the Anals tonight.

Stoolies, log one in. If you're not a stoolie already, become one Now! And don't forget to join Doc during the market day in Stooltrading Beta as he plots the market's twists and turns for you, in advance yet!

Oh, we got a monster rally going here. What a way for a bear to wake up in the AM. Two questions in my mind are whether the strength can persist through the day, and if so, will it whipsaw those sell signals on the daily charts.

I'm going back to bed.

Wait. I'm dazed and confused.

Bare posts on this thread at 2AM.

Doc is going to bed at 6:45AM.

SPX up 1100.

What does it all mean? :rolleyes:

Europe's gone troppo and the US futures following suit....hmmm well I'm leaning towards a pop and drop. I've got loads of topping signals on individual charts so I'm thinking it'll fizzle out at some stage like the Aussie market did today...

It means that Bare was up late watching the overnight recovery of the economy and all else that has been ailing us, and that Doc, upon arising, saw that it was complete and good and could now rest. :lol:

No flies on you Charliss :D That was pretty good considering it's almost crack of dawn over there..

Doc: I thought you were kidding about the 1000 point day. I wake up and see this morning the futures are up alot. I guess you were not kidding. :grin:

So far it looks like SG and Oyster are going to be right.

I couldn't take the chance being 100% short after I sold my calls and bought some more on the close to hedge. Whew.

POW Jessica Lynch, must be a powerful investor to get this kind of rally from finding her. :D I hope they can find and rescue the other missing POW's.

I think this rally is a gift for the shorts and all the events happening like SARS, real earnings the economic numbers will eventually rule again. It will take this market far lower than most expect. :(

It means that Bare was up late watching the overnight recovery of the economy and all else that has been ailing us, and that Doc, upon arising, saw that it was complete and good and could now rest. :lol:

No flies on you Charliss :D That was pretty good considering it's almost crack of dawn over there..

Yes, I was awake pretty early here, putting a few finishing touches on the whole deal... :D

These kinds of days can get out of control quickly. Wouldn't be surprised to see more upside

Dollar strong today. I think some hedge funds are capitulating on dollar shorts.

Bad news economically yesterday and the market traded up. War news not bad.

I think this will be a trend up day barring a "tape bomb"

good luck stoolios

Archived