Election Fraud?

From Presidential Anecdotes, by Paul F. Boller, Jr.

Martin Van Buren's presidential election campaign in 1840 was bedeviled by problems stemming from president Andrew Jackson's economic policies. Defeated in the election, Van Buren briefly retired to his farm before running again in 1848. Though he was, admittedly, rather unpopular in the southern states, when he won only nine (yes, 9) popular votes in all of Virginia, his supporters accused the other side of fraud. "Yes, fraud," a Virginian agreed. "And we are still looking for the son-of-a-bitch who voted nine times!"

Van Buren, Martin (1782-1862), American statesman, 8th President of the United States (1837-41)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said at the end of the morning board, sold the QueerLogic dong at $37.90 for a recovery of half of yesteday's loss(my loss). Saw your PM Doc. I'll wait until cycle high and then decide how to go back in. Now I will forage for food. :grin:

Mr Alan Greenspan's decision usually crosses the wires at 2:15 est.

Sometimes protovision gets a news release on the bias then. They will try to figure out what he said. That could take a half hour or so. Maybe they will never figure out what he says. So we just have to wait for a crash! Often the next day.

Ok, I need some help with fibonacci timing.

PDoody said "Don't forget the calendar. Today is a fib day and again on the twelfth. I think we owe Piledriver for those. I don't know how to apply fib to time. Is it as obvious as it would seem, just take prior period top to top, low to low and multiply times fib numbers? Also could we assume today is the low and turdsday the top? Anyone?"

Exactly PDoddy...where do u postion these fibo cycle lines? Seems like everyone would have a different answer depending on whether they used cycle, daily charts, 60 minute charts, etc. Same old same old. Are fibo time cycles supposed to be plotted just like fibo nacho levels....off pivot points? Please help.

Tradestations permit posting of "cycles"...either "standard" or "fibonacci". So in the example below I selected "fibonacci" and then dragged the "fibonacci cycle whatchamacallit" over to 8/5/02 and it plotted the cyan colored lines shown below.

I tried other dates such as 8/23/02 (top) 10/0/02 (bottom) but got no cyan colored lines close to today. Does anyone know how this thing is supposed to be used in Tradestation.? If not, I guess I am calling tech support. Sorry for long post, but it would be quite easy for me to supply such updates if we get this figured out.

post-3-1039543072_thumb.jpg

I follow CEF and it moves pretty closely with the underlying, so it's suitable for hedging the HUI and the XAU.

As far as a substitute for the physical, CEF's premium is what you have to pay to avoid storage costs, avoid accounting costs, avoid dealer spread and get liquidity. I have both metal and CEF, and the metal takes time and money which CEF doesn't.

The premium has moved between 9.5 and 17% since July, with gold, silver, and loon to doolar exchange rate and trading all having an effect on the premium to NAV.

Wait for the 9% entry point to come around again if you want CEF as a physical substitute.

rr

just that other do understand why i freak out a bit today althought we have a more or less boring market:

shorted DAX this morning at 3103 (was almost up 2% at that time) as S&P future was at 896.50, now DAX is at 3170, while S&P is at 898.50 (NDX future was 1026, NDX now 1038), so something is just completely wrong percentagewise. Furthermore DAX is most of the time a underperformer, but not today, notttt todaaaaay! :angry: :(

hope for a downmove later :lol:

Archived