Sound Effects

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest EagerBeav

Don't know what the big deal is. As Doc said, turn your speakers OFF if you find them annoying!

I believe they break the same old-same old found on other sites, kinda stamp that makes it our own.

But alas, it's human nature to bitch and moan, so it is for this topic as well. B) :D

I am not reading this thread now...will read it when the survey is complete. Dont want to be influenced by others.

Some waves are genius, some are crap...pun intended. But they usually make me laugh. The annoying ones are the excessively long ones (except for Animal House) that go and on and on.

Doc, I would try to make them snipets, but keep them.

You folks that dont like them are probably and work and shouldnt be trading from there in the first place. Get back to work!

Unless you have a trading platform with audio alerts, simply turn your speakers off.

Part of what makes Stoolville a special place is the humor and the sounds are usually amusing. Of course, I work FURm home in my bathrobe, so I'm sure I'd feel differently if I was in a work environment. But if hittin' ESC key cuts em off, then that should be a workable solution for those who don't care for 'em. Yep -- just tested it out on my machine, and it works like a charm. Nice little trick, PDoody!

Some of us are aurally challenged - due to the situation of the machine. Can't really be allowing such noises to emanate in polite company and all that. So, it would help if y'all annotate those sounds with a little clue - then I could be induced to turn on my speakers/headphones/etc... Otherwise, they're just lost on me :(

Sound effects interfers with streaming audio. They also waste valuable bandwidth when using a dial-up connection. Fun? Sure! But this site is about trading: sound effects are not a primary need for this mission. Sound effects are at the very least O.T. and at the worst, system troublesome.

The sound effects need to be in links so that users can enjoy them if they so desire and others are not incumbered. To force them on everyone is plainly, inconsiderate. [no offense intended]

Guest The CoinGuy

:unsure: I just don't know what I'd do, if you took away "DOWN GOES FRAZIER", it is the absolute greatest. BUT the rest I could do with or without. If DOC likes 'em that's good enough for me...

All in Fun,

TCG

Ok, I read the thread.

I think part of Stoolville is the humour. With that said...didnt know you could hit the "esc" key and kill the sounds. That is a good find, but probably not the solution for those with streaming audio.

I think I would agree with most....have the wave file as a link to the post and if the indivdual user would like or would not like to play the wave, so be it. Keeps everyone happy I would presume.

Finally, Doc, its your site. Do as you wish.

Archived