Another Weak End

Yup -the END is right 855 is semi important but the reeeaaalllyyy BIG number is 842. If we stop and bounce at 855 up we go- break 842 and HELLOOO! new lows. GOLD the Canary in the coal mine is singing again and we better LISTEN! When-I suggest to you-Rumsfeld takes it upon himself to warn Syria and Iran publically-it ain't over night goggles and some hill bandits called the Badr brigade-something is up that WE don't yet know about. I have been pounding the table since this mess started that one unforeseen event could cause world markets to collapse like a house of cards. Beware and be careful. Trade Safe!

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.signalwatch.com/markets/markets-dow.asp

"As mentioned in yesterday's commentary, the downward-sloping nature of the upper trend line tells us that an upside break could be imminent. Watch 8,200 up, as a break here will likely send the index sharply higher. This is the most likely outcome Monday.

We will continue to keep our eye on the 8,100 support level, which has held for nearly two weeks. A downside break of this support level would likely send the index solidly lower."

SG:

Somethings got to give, and considering how the miners have had their asses handed to them, it's probably as good a bet as any. World events are going to overpower Greenspawn's ability to ramp the dollar, the stool is hitting the fan around the globe, and the miners are big time Dover Sole.

Plunger

I am not at all sure the fed or the gov't wants to ramp the doo-lar. JMHO.

aussie. Those guys have been right and wrong. Doc, is the best there is. Follow the leader.

Hi guys,

Re. the gold-stocks explosion today...

since the bullion move wasnt that impressive,

was there any particular news driving them, or what?

Hotblack Desiato,

I would pin the entire move on short covering related to NEM's earnings (beat estimates by 2 cents).

Still have this in my mind (although I admit to holding my core longs)...

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$hui:$gold,uu[h,a]dfclynay[de][pc20!b50!b200][iut!ub14!le12,26,9!lh39,1!ll14][j11276162,y].gif

Hi guys,

Re. the gold-stocks explosion today...

since the bullion move wasnt that impressive,

was there any particular news driving them, or what?

Hotblack Desiato,

I would pin the entire move on short covering related to NEM's earnings (beat estimates by 2 cents).

Still have this in my mind (although I admit to holding my core longs)...

mmm.... i see. thanks.

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/news/arti...mb=NEM&sid=3400

interesting to see what Sinclair says tonight...

http://www.jsmineset.com/s/Home.asp

aussie. Those guys have been right and wrong. Doc, is the best there is. Follow the leader.

End, the point of that post was to show the DOW levels Ed's working on...he's actually out of the market waiting for a break either way..

Agree with you re subscribing to Doc. If I traded US stocks and I owned a credit card I'd be right in there..

On the COT report -- the commercials were building shorts for a long time, and yet we didn't break the July/October lows. I agree with Doc that the report is not all that useful.

Did anyone note that Larry Katz's technical barometer issued a sell this week? Mucho bad for El Marketo.

Yup -the END is right 855 is semi important but the reeeaaalllyyy BIG number is 842. If we stop and bounce at 855 up we go- break 842 and HELLOOO! new lows. GOLD the Canary in the coal mine is singing again and we better LISTEN! When-I suggest to you-Rumsfeld takes it upon himself to warn Syria and Iran publically-it ain't over night goggles and some hill bandits called the Badr brigade-something is up that WE don't yet know about. I have been pounding the table since this mess started that one unforeseen event could cause world markets to collapse like a house of cards. Beware and be careful. Trade Safe!

"DEBKAfile reports from US intelligence sources that Iraq has moved chemical and biological weapons to within missile-striking distance of Israel in western Iraq despite US-UK presence in region. Some of the WMD was taken out of hiding-places in Syria"

Archived