Target 4122 12/2/22

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

This market action will lead eventually to something breaking.  Bonds, currencies, something is going to hit someone/somecompany/somecountry with outrageous "we couldn't see it coming" over leveraged importance, straight in the nuts... free markets/efficient markets my ass.

Good luck out there, maybe the only smart way to play this market is to cash out... let the clowns run this shit straight up and then straight down, (rinse, repeat) until everyone is a loser.  In the end, the  biggest losers will be the American Taxpayer who will, once again, be put on the hook to bailout the well-connected "too big to fail" gamblers who have been stealing money hand over fist and when they finally come up snake eyes and bust out, will go crying to "OUR" (wink/wink - they are bought and paid for and NOT BY YOU) Representatives in congress for a good long sucking on the bailout tit to be made whole, plus a little extra, you know... for the effort.

I have seen this crap before and when this round is over, I will be looking for greener pastures overseas.  I am tired of being one of the suckers that just keeps paying for the excesses and lavish lifestyles of these financial parasites.

What they said - welcome.

It is nice to see fresh posters.

You're all here for the pot farm reports, right?

:lol::lol::lol:

I, too, am sickened by the inevitable bailout of the rich & unworthy: pretty much walked away from this website and market-following in general after the ca. 2008/2009 "Leave no Banker Behind". We still are operating in the shadow of that miserable eposiode.

I've looked at Golden Visa requirements in Portugal, Greece & Malta; and I've looked at a lot of apartment listings in Nice, because it enjoys an emotional attachment... and because I feel a similar impulse to pursue greener pastures.

But that may be a function of having overstayed residency in a Bay Area that has morphed sadly into... something it once wasn't.

Just now, Jimi said:

What they said - welcome.

It is nice to see fresh posters.

You're all here for the pot farm reports, right?

:lol::lol::lol:

I, too, am sickened by the inevitable bailout of the rich & unworthy: pretty much walked away from this website and market-following in general after the ca. 2008/2009 "Leave no Banker Behind". We still are operating in the shadow of that miserable eposiode.

I've looked at Golden Visa requirements in Portugal, Greece & Malta; and I've looked at a lot of apartment listings in Nice, because it enjoys an emotional attachment... and because I feel a similar impulse to pursue greener pastures.

But that may be a function of having overstayed residency in a Bay Area that has morphed sadly into... something it once wasn't.

You gotta move to Nice. First of all, the city and the whole region are freaking gorgeous. Secondly, the transportation access both locally and regionally for all of Europe are phenomenal. Direct flights to and from every major city in Europe in less than 2 hours. 90 minutes to Paris and BCN, and 75 minutes to Rome. 

1 minute ago, DrStool said:

You gotta move to Nice. First of all, the city and the whole region are freaking gorgeous. Secondly, the transportation access both locally and regionally for all of Europe are phenomenal. Direct flights to and from every major city in Europe in less than 2 hours. 90 minutes to Paris and BCN, and 75 minutes to Rome. 

Plus the ferry-links to other destinations!

Totally agreed. I look at listings primarily around the Old Port, because of the new tram connection to the airport: we could BART from our home to SFO, 2-putt through Paris, and then walk to our flat. 

I've been prepositioning cash in IB like you & Sandy advised a few months back as the most convenient method to swap into euros if it sells off hard.

I live in Le Port district. It's wonderful. But so is the center of town. Mt. Boron, Cimiez, and further up in the hills have fantastic views, but are boring. Cannes, Villefranche, and Menton are also great, and there's a newly renovated train station at Nice St. Augustin that is a short walk to the airport. 

Archived