Black Friday and the Miracle on Turdy-turd Street 11/25/22

Cultivation permit and license is for 24,123 square feet of canopy consisting of 17,262 square feet of outdoor and 6,861 square feet of mixed light cultivation.... Seller cultivated this year and now its your turn to take over this farm.

This property is over 5 hours north of the Bay Area. Harvest/processing/sale was probably completed... about 20 hours ago, when this listing went live. The photos reveal pre-harvest bounty: some listings only hint at what's afoot, while this one positively celebrates its full flourish of plantings & even an individual "glam-shot" of sticky-ass bud (specifically, Photo #15).

This listing is also interesting to me, because I think it may reveal something about the cultivation process.  Look first at Photo #3: it shows a covered structure along side the framework of a neighboring covered structure. Now look at Photo #16: I believe it shows the same effective photograph angle, but later in the season. Note that the covered structure in Photo #3 is removed in Photo #16. Lastly, check out Photo #12 & #20, which shows juveniles in a covered structure.

I think this shows the cultivation process: start juveniles in a covered structure as seen in Photo #12. Once they grow large enough, you string cross-netting as seeing Photo #20 as preparation against wind, and as support for limbs weighed down by buds. Then, when the plants are large enough for the natural elements, you remove the cover and afford them the natural season, as seen first in Photo #3... but you stagger plantings so you have a rolling harvest... which may be why only one of those two structures is uncovered. (We do this with tomato planting in our garden: put in a series of juveniles over the course of a month, rather than all at once, so that the resulting harvest does not all come at once, but instead, we enjoy an extended period of picked fresh tomatoes, as they mature in sequence.) Lastly, Photo #16 shows that the earlier-uncovered crop is larger than the later-uncovered crop behind it. I'd guess staggering the planting this way would allow a smaller crew to manage harvest & processing.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Bridgeville/44-Acres-Showers-Pass-RD-95526/home/183023303

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Jimi said:

That's the one .. and there was Bastiat, PileDriver, California Gold, The Brown One, the bloke from Idaho (forgotten his name), Dozer, Farmer (that guy living off the grid with family, even grew his own tobacco) and many more .. all good people in spite of what Doc says 😁

9 hours ago, aussiebear said:

That's the one .. and there was Bastiat, PileDriver, California Gold, The Brown One, the bloke from Idaho (forgotten his name), Dozer, Farmer (that guy living off the grid with family, even grew his own tobacco) and many more .. all good people in spite of what Doc says 😁

Dust in the wind. 

11 hours ago, aussiebear said:

Sounds like a bunch of preppers 😂

I remembers those type of guys hanging around here, doomsday guys, apocalypticians and so on, some were quite freaky.

it is ok like it is right now. Would be nice if there would be some more folks here regulary, but well, that‘s the way it is.

SOME PONZI RATIOS

Nike:

Intrinsic value 70B Ponzi value 95B Price 166B

Ratio ratio 95/165 or 0.57 

57% of Nike is just hot air.

Adidas

Intrinsic value 40B Ponzi value - 16B Price 24B

Ratio -16/24 or -0.66

Yes...a negative Ponzi ratio

Adidas trading 66% below intrinsic value.

Value investors should invest in stocks with negative ponzi ratios.

ETF suggestion

A negative ponzi ratio ETF

Say stocks with ratios below -0.5 

Note we can then determine the "Ponzi differential" between the two stocks as

0.57--0.66

Or 1.23 ...123%.   

i.e. if the two stocks eventually trade at their intrinsic values you should get a 123% outperformance by buying adidas instead of Nike.

You could use this to create a Long/short ETF based on Ponzi differentials say over 1 or over 0.5 

Archived