Black Friday and the Miracle on Turdy-turd Street 11/25/22

I am so proud of the fack that the term Black Friday was coined by my Phillufya Pleece in the 1940s as a term of endearment for the crowds of shoppers that descended upon Center City on the day after Tanks Giving. Not for all the good reasons that CNBC and other mouthpieces of the mob would have you bleeve. 

I know this for a fack because I was a kid in the 1950s, and my dad had a retail business downtown, and he explained this to me when I asked why they called it Black Friday. 

Dad was just matter of fact about it.  Stories in the Philly papers somewhat confirm this without giving the obnoxious details. 

Meanwhile, seasonally we usually have an upday today. Of course, seasonally, the Fed is normally pouring billions into the market for the occasion. Back in the old days it was usually with extended temporary repo operations. In the QE era, no need for that. Now, they're draining. And the Treasury is pulling $86 billion out of the markets between today and next Thursday. That's on top of the $53 billion it pulled out on Tuesday. If the market continues to rally today under these conditions, it will be like the miracle on Turdy-turd Street.

Reminder, the market closes at 1 PM today. That's 7 PM CET for the two of you that are here with me in my time zone. 

Meanwhile, the hourly chart of the ES, S&P 24 hour fugutures, hints that yes, Vaginia, the market will go higher. It made a higher high on the latest move, by one point, than the previous move. Such minor highs are normally a sign sent by market makers to other market makers, that they gonna take it, HIYA!

The 5 day cycle projection now says 4085. But that would mean a high base breakout, and that breakout would have a conventional measured move target of 4185.

Happy Black Friday.

tvc_7e3bd7b71bb0a3ac3e79d144296f8156.png

Click the links below for moron the markets. 

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE PONZI CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

Just as comic book heroes have expanded into a cinematic universe.

The concept of the Ponzi scheme has expanded into a ponzi financial universe. 

If you look closely enough you can find a ponzi element in almost any asset.

Assets can have an intrinsic element value and a ponzi value which combine to make up the asset price where the price exceeds the intrinsic value.

In 2021 almost all bonds and stocks had a very large ponzi value....in many cases exceeding the intrinsic value of the asset.

You can thank the FED for that. 

Excess liquidity drives the ponzi value.

You can then derive a Ponzi ratio for an asset...

The ponzi value of the asset divided by the intrinsic value of the asset.

As Twitter sinks into the mire, I invite you to join Post. https://post.news/?r=YRI8P 

They said this link would earn the right to cut in line if it generates 5 referrals?

WTF does that mean, and who TF cares. 

No doubt Twitter will become a place where no genteel people will want to be seen. 

If it survives. 

2 hours ago, DrStool said:

What I don't understand is why all the FinTwit people don't just come to Capitalstool. 

Algos. Probably key words missing like „rich fast, always up, I love ARKK, Larry Fink is the greatest, USA! USA! to the moon Alice!“ etc….

11 minutes ago, DrStool said:

What happened to the 4000 people who left when we had the 2004 schism. They started another board. Are they still out there? They were Trump people before there were Trump people.  

Schism in 2004? Really? Why was that? Who was their leader? Marky Mark? It wasn‘t because of K-Wave Rider, that happened later I think.

4 hours ago, fxfox said:

Schism in 2004? Really? Why was that? Who was their leader? Marky Mark? It wasn‘t because of K-Wave Rider, that happened later I think.

I think B4 was the leader.  Indexcalls was the name of the forum.  They wanted the discussion to be more general than just financials.  I attended for quite a while but there was a lot of posts to read and comment on and I didn't have the time to get fully involved.  Not sure whether it's still going ...

1 hour ago, aussiebear said:

I think B4 was the leader.  Indexcalls was the name of the forum.  They wanted the discussion to be more general than just financials.  I attended for quite a while but there was a lot of posts to read and comment on and I didn't have the time to get fully involved.  Not sure whether it's still going ...

9 hours ago, DrStool said:

As Twitter sinks into the mire, I invite you to join Post. https://post.news/?r=YRI8P 

They said this link would earn the right to cut in line if it generates 5 referrals?

WTF does that mean, and who TF cares. 

No doubt Twitter will become a place where no genteel people will want to be seen. 

If it survives. 

We have added your email address to the waiting list — you are currently #179955.

Archived