Return to the Scene of the Crime 11/18/22

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One way to tell the story is that while everyone knows the Fed will 'ease' when markets tumble this has lead to many  essentially front running the eventual easing, which makes easing difficult since markets are not tumbling.  That's called a dilemma.

There's fun in a GS guy who is now Prime Minister delivering the news your credit has dried up UK. However our guys own all the best bits. Good luck.

2 hours ago, Jorma said:

One way to tell the story is that while everyone knows the Fed will 'ease' when markets tumble this has lead to many  essentially front running the eventual easing, which makes easing difficult since markets are not tumbling.  That's called a dilemma.

That‘s what folks always do. They did that during 2000-2003 too. All the time. Eventually they will be right one day, but that „being right one time“ is costly, since the other 10 times they are wrong. It is understandable why they do it: They don‘t wanna miss the first 500 points. But that‘s the price one has to pay. I know right here right now that I gonna miss the first 500 points, if not more. But that is a price I am willing to pay.

Not only the bears are their worst enemy, the bulls too. If they wouldn‘t have front run the „easing“ the FED would be most likely quite dovish in Dec, now not so much, espacially if we would go 200-300 points higher till the meeting. 

Archived