Return to the Scene of the Crime 11/18/22

Well, my friends, our first little downtrend lasted all of two days. The ES 24 hour S&P futures have broken the line that defined the top of the channel here in the wee hours as of 5:30 AM ET, US.

They have rallied to the previously broken neckline of the beautifully formed head and shoulders top. In technical analysis such rebounds are absolutely normal. They are known as the Return to the Scene of the Crime, and do not necessarily mean that the perp will be apprehended. We'll just have to wait and see. 

As I write, they've just cleared that line at 3955 and are already 11 points beyond. They're headed for the next potential trend resistance at 3980. They've also established a new minor uptrend channel. The top of that channel converges with a couple of resistance lines around 3980-83 in the 6-7 AM hour. Normally, such convergences are good places to look for pivots and pullbacks. However, if they clear that, I'd look for 4008. 

tvc_375cf00b46ef3bb22c0837db77b07d88.png

Click the links below for moron the markets.  

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice weekly candle. Next week down and we have a textbook reversal.

But more back and fourth action likely till The Lord speaks on Dec 14.

Will the FED finally kill the animal spirits?  Hard to say. They already achieved a few things: Sparks dead, NFTs done, Crapto finished, overhyped cash burning tech stocks finito…

BUT: To really kill the animal spirits would mean that Tesla would fall another 60, 70, 80% from here. Will the FED sit aside and watch that happening? I have my doubts.

Let's say... you're a stoner pot farmer in California.

And you wanted a nice piece of property to pursue your gentleman yeoman activity.

And, maybe a little farmhouse to go with it.

But not any typical farmhouse... because you are a stoner pot farmer from California!

You need "a crib" befitting your crop.

So, you think, "Maybe an 'A Frame'?"

But that's too... chic-Tahoe.

"Maybe all glass & steel!" 

But that's too... cold industrial Bauhaus for the countryside.

"A yurt! Gotta have a yurt, amirite?"

No, you are stoned: yurts are not ideal as a primary structure. They're more apt quarters for drum circles and dogs.

"Wow, man... this is a really hard quiz. Is it a tee-pee? Oh, I know - a 'grass' hut! Oh man, that's funny...."

No... the answer the judges were looking for was, "geodesic dome."

It's every stoner pot farmer's dream to live in a dome... because Buckminster Fuller is the patron saint of California stoners. ("His name is just so... groovy!")

And luckily, today's farm possesses a dome-home and for only 7-figures!

58+/- acre mountain farm fully licensed State and County (16k square feet canopy) with 850+/- 150-gallon smart pots.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Guerneville/2425-Pool-Ridge-Rd-95446/home/2425149

This has got to be the tidiest farm to-date.  Look how much loving care went into spacing the rounds, and how conveniently they are located to the stony dome.  Check out the interior photos of the dome structure.

"But... there aren't any?"

Curious, right? $1.35m and the listing agent hasn't provided a single shot of the inside. But we have plenty of drone-secured views at 500' elevation.

My quick eyeball suggests there are 700-800 planting rounds gathered in tightly around the house.  Assuming about a pound per plant yield, and, say, $750/lb, your annual harvest would generate ~$500K in revenue, if all goes well.

Listing indicates the place transacted for $815K back in October 2014, after sitting on the market for a year after first being listed for $1.1m in October 2013.

4 hours ago, fxfox said:

Nice weekly candle. Next week down and we have a textbook reversal.

But more back and fourth action likely till The Lord speaks on Dec 14.

Will the FED finally kill the animal spirits?  Hard to say. They already achieved a few things: Sparks dead, NFTs done, Crapto finished, overhyped cash burning tech stocks finito…

BUT: To really kill the animal spirits would mean that Tesla would fall another 60, 70, 80% from here. Will the FED sit aside and watch that happening? I have my doubts.

The Fed needs to kill most of the US non-bank credit system. That's going to take a bit more.

4 hours ago, Jimi said:

Let's say... you're a stoner pot farmer in California.

And you wanted a nice piece of property to pursue your gentleman yeoman activity.

And, maybe a little farmhouse to go with it.

But not any typical farmhouse... because you are a stoner pot farmer from California!

You need "a crib" befitting your crop.

So, you think, "Maybe an 'A Frame'?"

But that's too... chic-Tahoe.

"Maybe all glass & steel!" 

But that's too... cold industrial Bauhaus for the countryside.

"A yurt! Gotta have a yurt, amirite?"

No, you are stoned: yurts are not ideal as a primary structure. They're more apt quarters for drum circles and dogs.

"Wow, man... this is a really hard quiz. Is it a tee-pee? Oh, I know - a 'grass' hut! Oh man, that's funny...."

No... the answer the judges were looking for was, "geodesic dome."

It's every stoner pot farmer's dream to live in a dome... because Buckminster Fuller is the patron saint of California stoners. ("His name is just so... groovy!")

And luckily, today's farm possesses a dome-home and for only 7-figures!

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Guerneville/2425-Pool-Ridge-Rd-95446/home/2425149

This has got to be the tidiest farm to-date.  Look how much loving care went into spacing the rounds, and how conveniently they are located to the stony dome.  Check out the interior photos of the dome structure.

"But... there aren't any?"

Curious, right? $1.35m and the listing agent hasn't provided a single shot of the inside. But we have plenty of drone-secured views at 500' elevation.

My quick eyeball suggests there are 700-800 planting rounds gathered in tightly around the house.  Assuming about a pound per plant yield, and, say, $750/lb, your annual harvest would generate ~$500K in revenue, if all goes well.

Listing indicates the place transacted for $815K back in October 2014, after sitting on the market for a year after first being listed for $1.1m in October 2013.

I really love these posts!

Archived