All Crypto is Bad 11/9/22

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder how many firms were funded & founded in the last 2 years around the FTX/SBF/Alameda story.

I mean - yeah - the VC's who directly invested in FTX rounds are near-zeroed out. That seems worth about $ 2 billion according to a chart circulating on Twitter.

FhFSycxXoAEMruU.thumb.jpg.82b7c54e51218627ea38d1ba29c160b2.jpg

But the chart doesn't capture the likely imminent losses of companies staked on the strength of FTX/Alameda. I know an FTX/SBF acolyte: very smart guy with long history in finance, who was telling me over summer about how SBF was a genius who was going to take over finance... he was "the future." I smiled & nodded.

Point is, a very very large number of people were taken in by this story. The indirect fallout from this remains ahead.

1 minute ago, sandy beach said:

Wait a second! I do have FDIC insurance on my first $250K invested with them right?

Read something on Twitter - DYODD - that suggests FTX changed its terms of service at some point in the last year that negated account holder's implicit ownership/rights to deposits. I couldn't believe it, but I saw it... may be someone goofing.

But the Binance statement also intimates some measure of wrong-doing, which suggests to me acting on that change in ownership/rights.

UFB.

2 minutes ago, Jimi said:

Read something on Twitter - DYODD - that suggests FTX changed its terms of service at some point in the last year that negated account holder's implicit ownership/rights to deposits. I couldn't believe it, but I saw it... may be someone goofing.

But the Binance statement also intimates some measure of wrong-doing, which suggests to me acting on that change in ownership/rights.

UFB.

Got popcorn?

Archived