IDS- World Markets

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait until Oyster joins in here!

Thanks to all. You are the pioneers! This threadwill remain open until Glad appears to open the AM thread in New York.

Carry on!

Heh, even Bulgaria has an exchange nowadays. :D

Index a total of 230 points hey :) Well you gotta start somewhere I spose..

Iceland has always fascinated me, a land of fire and ice. It used to feature regularly in National Geographic back when I was a subscriber. I was working out in woop-woop some years ago an lo and behold an Icelander turned up in the catering team so I gave him the 3rd degree. He said some great hiking there in summer but the insects can drive you crazy. You would think he'd seem out of place working in a stinking hot desert in Australia but he fitted in well. Obviously an adaptable race..

Thanks Bontchev, I bookmarked the exchanges, never know when I might want to trade Botswana stocks hahaha

Thorass I'm severely depressed re gold. I usually trade calls in Lihir Gold (LHG) and the last 4 times I've managed to buy at the top of the uptrend where I've been exceptionally bullish. I can only hope that the fact I'm bearish is a good sign....

Heh, even Bulgaria has an exchange nowadays. :D

Index a total of 230 points hey :) Well you gotta start somewhere I spose..

Wow, that's a raging bull market they've got there... It started a couple of years ago at 100. Went down to 80-something, if I remember correctly. At the time, I predicted that it will go to 120 within a year - which it promptly did. Haven't followed it since - but didn't expect to see it above 200.

It's difficult to do TA of it. Volume is too low; historical data is close-only. Many of the trades are artificial between institutions, designed only to make up some transaction quota for the exchange. Last time I looked, the best performing stock was some Russian oil-related ADR - Lukoil or something like that. I think it's listed on the NYSE too... Nope, I'm mistaken - it's in the pink sheets on the NASDAQ - LUKOY.PK.

Iceland has always fascinated me, a land of fire and ice.  It used to feature regularly in National Geographic back when I was a subscriber.  I was working out in woop-woop some years ago an lo and behold an Icelander turned up in the catering team so I gave him the 3rd degree.  He said some great hiking there in summer but the insects can drive you crazy.

I'm not into hiking, but I think the insects (a kind of non-biting mosquitos) are only in some areas. A famous one is the lake Myvatn, the name of which, incidentally, means Mosquito Lake. :lol:

Regards,

Vesselin

HRFF will UDDER one of his maxims: Keep your eye on the Nikkei/Japan.

CB's may be able to prop up NY. They can't prop up BOTH simultaneously.

Even Croesus couldn't.

Given a Hobson's choice, which they're now staring at, you know which one will win.

And when Tokyo goes, we all do.

Period.

Watch it carefully.

Sorry to say it, but the FED has told japan they will do what ever it takes to get them by the March 31, save japan date. japan needs to close above 8000 and greenless will get the job done.

Archived