The Kiss of Death 8/30/22

8 minutes ago, Jorma said:

If you would have told me $2.2Tn was opting for .5% interest over 3% I would have said sure, and I am the King of Sweden.  Maybe I am the king of Sweden. I better check.

Those 2.2 Trillion are all from Money Market Funds??? Why don‘t they chose short term paper??? They are allowed to buy any T-Bill they want. I don‘t get it. Has that something to do with collateral? 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, fxfox said:

Those 2.2 Trillion are all from Money Market Funds??? Why don‘t they chose short term paper??? They are allowed to buy any T-Bill they want. I don‘t get it. Has that something to do with collateral? 

I am sure not all from MM's. Hell, half  of it would have bought every T Bill issued in August.

27 minutes ago, Jorma said:

I am sure not all from MM's. Hell, half  of it would have bought every T Bill issued in August.

The Fed still has not told us how much of the t bills are being bought by which groups. The bulk of it is money market funds. But there are also some banks and dealers in that group. We just don't know the percentages.

One thing is with the stock liquidation that the bear market has brought, where is the 'cash' going?  Why isn't there a stampede into Tbills at 2+% ? 

Well who's taking down the bills is one thing, but who is doing the RRP's? That's what we need to know. Has anyone asked?

Archived