The Kiss of Death 8/30/22

It was probably the fact that I added more swing trade short picks yesterday.

Meanwhile, I'm going to take the day off today after producing 4 big reports since Friday. And on Saturday I rigged up a temporary hookup for my brand new Bosch Automatic Clothes Washing Machine, after I got tired of waiting for my contractor to return from his never ending August vacation. My lawyer too. Another one who disappeared for the whole month. 

But I've never done plumbing before, and all I had was a capped outlet from the main water supply. So I went to the Mr. Bricolage store about 5 blocks from my apartment to buy the components I thought I would need to rig up the new Bosch Automatic Clothes Washing Machine. Mr. Bricolage is a French chain of small hardware stores, like we used to have back home in our suburban neighborhoods. You know, back in the 50s and 60s, when Republicans were people like Eisenhower. If anybody should be on Mt. Rushmore it should be him. 

But I digress. 

Where was I?

Oh right, the Bosch Automatic Clothes Washing Machine. So I went to the Mr. Bricolage, and stood looking at all the plumbing parts trying to visualize how to put a washing machine hose together with a threaded, capped water supply. It took me about a half hour, but I figured I needed another hose to extend the hookup far enough so that I could add a valve near the top of the machine end of the connection. So I got the valve, but both ends to be connected were female, and while I would have liked to have seen that, I knew enough about sex after trying it once about 50 years ago, I knew I needed two headed male adapter to plug into the two female openings. 

Finally, I found that too. So I bought the connecting hose, shut-off valve,  male-female adapter (fortunately I no longer live in Florida, and in France it's ok to talk about things like that. And off I went. I put it all together and it worked. Except the connection from the adapter to the valve was metal to metal and it leaked. So I found some of that white plumber's tape and wrapped it around the threads and rescrewed the connection. It worked. The leak stopped. Considering it was the first time I had rescrewed anything since I left my wife 5 years ago, I was proud of myself!

PXL_20220827_185200677.jpg

PXL_20220827_184604519.jpg

PXL_20220827_184536013.jpg

Don't worry. When the contractor returns, who knows when, he'll be installing the washer permanently into the cabinets to be built in that space. 

Meanwhile back at the stock market, the rebound has begun. The 5 day cycle up phase started at yeasterday's low. Look for resistance around 4080-85. If they clear that, then 4115. Another big slug of T-supply is settling tomorrow, so I don't think this rally will persist beyond that. 

yuwe6

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You know, back in the 50s and 60s, when Republicans were people like Eisenhower. If anybody should be on Mt. Rushmore it should be him".......

i agree with the 2nd sentence.... but  the 1st sentence is wrong... bad , fear mongering republicans were around back then too...Joseph McCarthy was very powerful, 2f1821e9.jpg

3 hours ago, DrStool said:

You know, back in the 50s and 60s, when Republicans were people like Eisenhower. If anybody should be on Mt. Rushmore it should be him. 

Our youngest’s last day of summer vacation was yesterday. He loves history & war, so we sat on the couch and watched “Patton” together: neither of us had seen it. Great film. I pointed out to him that one never sees Eisenhower in the movie. 

"This is It" clip...

Could prove to be prophetic.  In the SPX....the decline from the January 4th(1.04) stock market peak to our recent high on August 16th(8.16) is mirroring Russia.  Right here at this exact point after the turn...led into the February 24th(2.24) attack on Ukraine and collapse in the Russian Stock Market.

Anyone notice how many days there are from January 4th to August 16th?

Think on it...

TCG

Archived