Graphical Comparison Between Naz '03 And Dow '33, Japan '9

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks also to Dogboy for a very nice piece.

Dogboy wrote:

"Here's a challenge for you:

Are there any examples in ALL OF HISTORY of literally BACK TO BACK bubblemanias in the SAME asset ?"

I don't think so, unless you include commodities. But, it doesn't have to be a bubble to score pretty good if k wave is right. There are some really great tech companies out there that are probably the future of our economy. The bubble buyers were right on these stocks, just a little early.

Some obvious names might be MSFT, CSCO and INTC.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, K

Important warning, even though the longer cycles are likely topping. I would love to see the long (6, 12, 18, 48 month) cycles during those periods in Japan and the US in '33.

Nevertheless, I never diss the golden 50/200 crossover and will not short this 'vermin' :P index or its components aggressively. Techs are badly hated....another warning.

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$ndx,uu[m,a]daclyyay[df][pb50!b200][vc60][iub14!la12,26,9]

Still a high-risk dong area....?

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$nasi,uu[s,a]daclyyay[dd][pb13][vc60][iuk14!lo14]"

chart.asp?symb=vxn&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=4&maval=5%2C8%2C13&uf=8&lf=4&lf2=32&lf3=1024&type=4&size=2&state=11&sid=453142&style=350&time=10&freq=2&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=9079&mocktick=1

Mainly focusing on indivdual stocks in NDX. There are some good bases.....

Meta,

Impulse moves on a new bull leg will get overbought and STAY overbought, thereby keeping everyone too afraid to buy, while the market just keeps going up. If this is the beginning of such an impulse move, the pullback should not be too severe. In fact, it might be sideways or even slightly up, while the oscillators back off somewhat.

If this is a major top, as many indicators are suggesting, we should get a pretty rapid rupture from here and get back below the MAs before they start spreading out to the upside. The next few weeks will tell us much, methinks.

Scully posted some nice cycle stuff that has a whole bunch of lows coming May 12- 13.

I unloaded the last of my dongs on Fri, will be looking to add selected issues in mid May, unless we are below NDX 1000 by then.

Somebody was doing some buying as the market doubled in 12 weeks.

I don?t know about 12 weeks but I have a theory about where the money came from for the last leg.

Goldman produced some very respectable results given market conditions towards the backend of last year. Closer investigation revealed that this was due to their proprietary trading activities, in particular in commodities and currencies.

The talk is that anxious to replicate this stellar financial performance but loathe to advertise the way and means, the rest of the Street piled heavily in to proprietary trading in a big way and of course leapt on to pretty much the same bandwagon.

Now if you overlay the CRB and dollar indices with the S&P 500 and pay particular attention to the beginning of March you might be forgiven for assuming that this apparently substantial and freshly committed capital simply moved from one hot trade to another.

Archived