Intervention! 8/25/22

According to our Frankfurt correspondent, FXFox, a secret government entity staged an intervention in the US ES S&P 500 24 hour futures market at precisely 2:16 AM in New York, 8:16 AM in Frankfurt, Germany, and Paris.  

1 hour ago, fxfox said:

Intervention at exactly 8:16 CET

there was no news, no data, nothing. Look at 1 min chart in ES and EUR/USD

To this observer, it does appear that a major buyer or syndicate did stage a raid to drive the futures upward out of a perfectly formed reverse head and shoulders pattern that measures to 4195. They're a little shy of that at this writing. But a 5 day cycle projection of 4175 has been hit.  Hourly cycle oscillators are moving bullishly. One that is based on rate of change has crossed the neutral line. MACD and True Strength Indexes have only now reached neutral. 

ytrhd  

If this really was an intervention by, say, the Washington DC PPT, of the ghost of Mario In Draghi in the form of Madame LaRearGuard, then it is doomed to fail, and the two day uptrend channel will be broken later today. However, if this was intrinsic, inherent, aboriginal trader buying, it depends on who will be standing by to take the pass, or the handoff, depending on your sport. 

Meanwhile, from the Department of BTC Leads, or At Least Correlates, there's been no, no, no breakout. BTC needs to clear 21861 for a confirming breakout.  

ytrjq

In the EUR/USD, we had a false breakout from this nice little base pattern on the hourly chart. If ultimately successful, it would measure to $1.01 and would support the move in the ES. 

Without bullish moves in these two bellwethers, My guess is that the ES sucker rally dies, either right here, or around 4200 a bit later on. 

o understand and profit from the big picture check out the following. 

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, DrStool said:

Without bullish moves in these two bellwethers, My guess is that the ES sucker rally dies, either right here, or around 4200 a bit later on. 

39 minutes ago, DrStool said:

What happens in Frankfurt stays in Frankfurt. 

That is all. 

Well...

Florida was a dud.  Heading to the sandhills in the morning to check on one of my properties.

In the meantime...

We're getting quite close to where you'll be wanting to pick a side.  As the market moves...for the love of God, if it's flies against your trade cover quickly.  Keep tight stops until after the initial burst.  I expect more shenanigans than usual here because we're talking about a lot of money.   Deceptions are afoot.  This is NOT the time to be asleep at the wheel.

A couple of quick comments...

I reviewed the last couple of days before posting...

I see my old friend and neighbor is picking up a larger chunk of OXY.  If I was to advise him...I'd tell him to stop playing games and take it all...or take it in the...  Above 70(35 TIMES 2) the shorts will be active.  Eventually...it will retest and exceed the lows.  It's not going anywhere fast....for years.  A person would really benefit from studying the news/timing around the chart here in OXY from the March 2020 lows.  You'll be seeing this type of behavior repeat over and over for years in other issues.  Huge spikes on news out of Dover Sole conditions are common in bear markets.  That is why I never get complacent.  Hmm...those March 2020 lows mentioned...yet again.  Interesting.  Step by Step...all markets want the March 2020 lows.  Step by Step.  Can you hear the faint echo in the background?  It's The CoinGuy whispering..."This isn't a one a done like 2000 and 2008".  Not even close...

I  haven't looked at the BTC chart for a couple of months now...I thought I'd review it and give my thoughts after I got home last night.  The house was quiet, I was enjoying a cup of tea and frankly...the chart wasn't speaking to me.  I liked ETH better.   I walked away believing this....I sure wouldn't be short here.  Although, after the momentum wanes...I'd grab it by the tail and hold on for dear life into what I believe will be the death dive.  Step by step...hopefully to zero.  At a minimum...the mythical 4 year cycle should be challenged.  Smile...

NVDA.  I'll just say this...I'm not now, nor have I ever been a fan.   I don't like their business practices.   Measuring the first 1x decline conservatively nets you a nice easy cover at 50.  I still can't believe it's over 10 and I think at the end of the day its going back to where it belongs.

TWTR...well, nailed that from the first press release, but frankly...it's been a boring story.  After viewing the pattern, I think it's about to heat up.  Everything is about to heat up so it might not be that special considering the circumstances, but I think the action should definitely be worth a look.  It's actually a fractal within a fractal.  I might just post a piece of ART later...

I might also post a comparison chart.  Because frankly...ETH OXY and the SLV have something in common. 

The Twin Peaks Formation.

^XOI, start watching closely.  Neck breaker.  For those goldbugs who were around at the ^HUI peak in 2011.  Do you remember September 22, 2011?  If you were there, you'd never forget that day.  It started out just like any other day...then out of the blue. 

Crack.

Let's see...the high in the ^XOI was on 6.08.  How many months and days have passed?

Please remember...above 1700, safe.  Below 1600...not so safe.

Is that beginning to sound familiar?  170 is the key...below 160 confirms?

Need I go on...

Best,

TCG

15 minutes ago, The CoinGuy said:

Well...

Florida was a dud.  Heading to the sandhills in the morning to check on one of my properties.

In the meantime...

We're getting quite close to where you'll be wanting to pick a side.  As the market moves...for the love of God, if it's flies against your trade cover quickly.  Keep tight stops until after the initial burst.  I expect more shenanigans than usual here because we're talking about a lot of money.   Deceptions are afoot.  This is NOT the time to be asleep at the wheel.

A couple of quick comments...

I reviewed the last couple of days before posting...

I see my old friend and neighbor is picking up a larger chunk of OXY.  If I was to advise him...I'd tell him to stop playing games and take it all...or take it in the...  Above 70(35 TIMES 2) the shorts will be active.  Eventually...it will retest and exceed the lows.  It's not going anywhere fast....for years.  A person would really benefit from studying the news/timing around the chart here in OXY from the March 2020 lows.  You'll be seeing this type of behavior repeat over and over for years in other issues.  Huge spikes on news out of Dover Sole conditions are common in bear markets.  That is why I never get complacent.  Hmm...those March 2020 lows mentioned...yet again.  Interesting.  Step by Step...all markets want the March 2020 lows.  Step by Step.  Can you hear the faint echo in the background?  It's The CoinGuy whispering..."This isn't a one a done like 2000 and 2008".  Not even close...

I  haven't looked at the BTC chart for a couple of months now...I thought I'd review it and give my thoughts after I got home last night.  The house was quiet, I was enjoying a cup of tea and frankly...the chart wasn't speaking to me.  I liked ETH better.   I walked away believing this....I sure wouldn't be short here.  Although, after the momentum wanes...I'd grab it by the tail and hold on for dear life into what I believe will be the death dive.  Step by step...hopefully to zero.  At a minimum...the mythical 4 year cycle should be challenged.  Smile...

NVDA.  I'll just say this...I'm not now, nor have I ever been a fan.   I don't like their business practices.   Measuring the first 1x decline conservatively nets you a nice easy cover at 50.  I still can't believe it's over 10 and I think at the end of the day its going back to where it belongs.

TWTR...well, nailed that from the first press release, but frankly...it's been a boring story.  After viewing the pattern, I think it's about to heat up.  Everything is about to heat up so it might not be that special considering the circumstances, but I think the action should definitely be worth a look.  It's actually a fractal within a fractal.  I might just post a piece of ART later...

I might also post a comparison chart.  Because frankly...ETH OXY and the SLV all has something in common. 

The Twin Peaks Formation.

^XOI, start watching closely.  Neck breaker.  For those goldbugs who were around at the ^HUI peak in 2011.  Do you remember September 22, 2011?  If you were there, you'd never forget that day.  It started out just like any other day...then out of the blue. 

Crack.

TCG

TCG,

you are a class act!

I might add to your so eloquently written lines that we need to break the EMA 50 weekly on all kinds of stuff, S&P, NDX, SIOX and whatnot. That EMA was always baught since 2009, multiple times. 
You wrote the other day that we finally will go back to the 1995 lows. You meant in nominal terms??? That would mean the end of the world as we know it, as simple as that.

I gonna buy the monthly EMA 200 on S&P with both hands. But I doubt that we even reach it.

Archived