Guess Who Else Was Born On This Date

probably wrong thing to do but I will hold the shorts overnight...no harm today...just giving up my early in day profits......it can happen....LOL..I can only blame my nap on the phone...but hey...my customers come first before my trades....

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SPX closing at under 874. ??????? What does that mean in terms of the 874.80 pivot -- was that a time target for today, or does that still apply tomorrow?

Sorry to keep asking for explanations -- trying to learn.

874.80 was my trigger point on the way down to 788

Close at highs on high ticks post Al Green 'Fool on the Hill' rap session. Huge bullhorning going out, could well be worth some dong gapping in the morning. best to all, market management by Matrix Engineers in full gear now, everyone on same page, now even the Japanese are under contract to cooperate during any 'rough' period. There is no free market system. Its all a sham. Just like there is no democracy. We live in a Plutocracy run by and for the rich. End of rant. Have a good night, buddhabooty

No more dongs for Doc. The timing was good, but I unloaded prematurely. Just couldn't hold it when they shook it.

It didn't feel good anyway.

See you in the Anals.

Try it with EBAY, AMZN, KLAC etc.

You will feel better for there will be someone to buy it back from you higher. :grin:

Thanks, Oyster.

I feel discombobulated today -- missed most of the day helping a friend negotiate for a new car. Got the same model of car that I bought three years ago, for more than a thousand dollars less. 0% financing for two years, so, even though the monthly payments are large, most of the dough stays in the bank for a while.

Amazing.

They seemed pretty desperate. Dealership was like a ghost town. Had a choice of three cars currently sitting on the lot with the exact specifications desired.

Hahahahahahahahaha! I can't wait for this crap to start it's counterclockwise spiral of shame.

For Ford, the No. 2 automaker, Casesa said he was now projecting full-year earnings per share of 37 cents, down from a previous estimate of 50 cents per share ...

And F goes up $0.03 today. For the record, this announcement came out at noon today, not aftermarket.

Let's see, a 26% profit warning would imply that on a pro forma basis F is now trading at a p/e of over 20.

That's good on a historical basis if you are a risky but profitable pharma company. However, if you are a debt laden pig with crappy products in a capital intensive but glutted manufacturing industry, well that's maybe not so good.

What brand Drano?

My guess would be a Toyota Camry. A friend of mine negotiated a deal and was very hard getting the frills comparable to other brands.

Sorry, got a lengthy phone call.

Subaru Forester. It's not really an SUV, it's a glorified (eccch) station wagon. All wheel drive is great in Minnesota winters, and it can haul a LOT of stuff. Not a gas guzzler either.

And for less than 20K with lots of nice stuff.

Archived