Today is Bastille Day 7/14/22

That's right. It's the national holiday of France. Here they call it the Fourteenth of July. Pretty clever, huh? Reminds me of another country I know well. Know it better than this one even. 

The French celebrate by eating cake, of course. 

That'll show 'em!

Man! Did I see some fireworks last night. 

MvQx9wdJK5C-Xo2RPaUjYTPUs40xzGwTQbBEN4yf

But the best fireworks was the rising supermoon. Oh la la. 

A post shared by Lee Adler (@200daysineurope)

Could be in for some fireworks in the market today, and it might just get mooned too. The ES S&P fuguetures (that word definitely helps for search engine optimization --- ok, not) are just above a critical sport level on the hourly chart. If this sport zone 3745-3736 breaks, the conventional measured move target would be around 3560.

Oh boy, that would call for a whoopee. Cushion. Whoppee cushion, that is. Might be the real thing on Wall Street though. Brown pants syndrome day. 

As far as cycle projections go, I got nuttin below where they've already been in the premie market. So place your bets and let the games begin. 

By the way, 3765 is now the piece de resistance. 

Happy Fourteenth of July. 

yj0xi

For the longer view that concerns most of us, see Advantage Bulls, But It’s Over If This One Thing Happens This Week

To better understand the big picture right now so that you can take the correct action when the time is right, check out the following:

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter. 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Fed has lost any semblance of the appearance that it controls interest rates. This is abject failure. It's not only severely behind the inflation curve, it can't even keep up with market interest rates. 

The Fed is a joke, incompetent, delusional, and dangerous, piling one bad policy on top of another in its kowtowing to its banker clients. 

yj4qk

Liquidity Trader- Money Trends

How Fed and Treasury policy, Primary Dealers, real time Federal tax collections, foreign central banks, US banking system, and other factors that affect market liquidity, interact to drive the financial markets. Focus on trend direction of US bonds and stocks. Resulting market strategy and tactical ideas. 4-5 in depth reports each month. Click here to subscribe. 90 day risk free trial!

15 minutes ago, Jorma said:

Here is the chart that has had me nervous for a month. MACD is not the last word on anything but a weekly crossover from the highest level in 18 years gives one pause. 

tnx.png

Well, my first observation would be that MACD is not a percentage basis. It's a point basis. There's no upper constraint. At 6%, the peak level would be twice as high as currently. At 9% it would be 3 times the current level. I'd look for a negative divergence as the first sign of a probable intermediate downtrend in yield. 

Archived