Top Or Bottom?

Fokker just watched "The Ring" and is now thoroughly freaked out. Almost pissed 'musell.

Just read my man Puplava's assertion that every market is completely rigged and that The Matrix has pulled out all the stops. He's expecting to manage clients' money while apparently asserting that all the action in each major market is the result of intervention without which all would be different by 180 degrees.

I'm just as flummoxed by the markets lately as the next guy, but really... shit's getting out of control. Puplava aside, shit's getting out of control, and the whole thing is now, in my opinion, almost completely unpredictable. Kudoz to Doc and all those here who are keeping their heads on and keeping the charts up, myself included.

I just hope the last days aren't upon us. Babylon sick, throwing their gold and silver in the streets, famine, pestilence, war... the whole nine yards. Meanwhile, it's just one severely f&(#d up week. And, through it all, Oyster's raking it in :grin:

Going to drink some appy juice, watch the news, and give my squeeze a squeeze.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It'd be funny if Saddam had one of his clones "leave the country" for peace.... Then, when identified as a clone, the real Saddam and children leave.... but with Chemical Ali in charge as interim president of Iraq. He could keep delaying this thing for a while longer, couldn't he?

In the absence of Saddam's dental charts, how are we going to ID the real Saddam? How do you say: 'Will the real Saddam Hussein please stand up?' in Arabic?

Sphinxter:

Does that include long mining stocks?

Plunger

OK - maybe I overstated things a bit.

For instance, I am right now holding dollars long overnight in my checking account. I don't feel good about it, but I was lazy and didn't get around to exchanging them for useful items today.

PM stocks have shown me that they operate independently from the PM price and they tend to move with the broads. If a major shock happens, what will gold price do? I dunno, but could imagine that it will be clamped down or, more likely, slammed leaving the gold stocks to chase the SM's.

Gold is used as a barometer for system and fiat health. The NY markets have proven to me that gold is used both as a store of liquidity and a signalling mechanism. I think the the powers-that-be will dump gold hard during a hard crunch.

Let's use 09/11 as an example. Doesn't get much more 'shocking' than that. Gold jumped $15 on the London market only to retrace about 1/2 of that the next day for a net gain of about 2.5% in the face of a massive shock. Huh.

I think the control of the gold market is much more profound today. If we get a shock that causes them to lose control of the gold market, we have bigger problems than finding a willing buyer for our gold stocks...

Just one man's take.

Sorry to see how many regulars are missing. Hope they are just laying back and taking a break. FWIW -- futures are steadily heading south. Not that means much anymore.

Sorry to see how many regulars are missing. Hope they are just laying back and taking a break. FWIW -- futures are steadily heading south. Not that means much anymore.

Yeah, Nikkei is getting clobbered, futures are sinking, ho hum. By tomorrow morning all will be green in paradise again.

I agree totally with what Doc said, by the way.

FOKKER- QUOTE-War, pestilence, famine-There you go knockin New Joisey again-where they have a red alert! From a friend-The sport of choice for the poor is Basketball, the sport of choice for maintenance level employees is Bowling-the sport of choice for frontline workers is Football-the sport of choice for supervisors is Baseball-the sport of choice for management is Tennis-the sport of choice for corporate officers is Golf-the conclusion IS-The higher you are in the CORPORATE STRUCTURE the smaller your BALLS BECOME! Trade Safe!

futures lookin down...not that that means SKWAT! I deal with people daily...people are acting very strangely of late...not at all like '91 (anger predominent); '03 is the "deer in headlights" look...no kiddin'; take a walk down the street tommorrow (unless the street has a bright yellow glow, then 'tis best to stay indoors).

Bob Pisonmee said it best 15min before market close "people down here are TIRED...". Exhausted might have been the word.

These sentiments do not a Bull Market make.

edit - sorry Col Dash, didn't read your post...we share similar thought patterns, it seems (very scary, if you would ask my wife).

A couple things about this war the market is not going to like.

Saddam is a vicious mass murderer leading a gang of 30,000 secret police. His closest inner circle, including his sons are maddog killers. His army may not fight, but he will use chemical weapons, and a bunch of American young men and women are going to get killed going into Baghdad. The war will not be over in a week.

Not to mention what they may be able to pull off here in the US.

When the market realizes it, it's not going to like it. Institutions buying stocks in the face of this likelihood are clear proof of the mindless depravity of Wall Street.

I pray that I am wrong and that everything goes far better than anyone can imagine. One way or another, when the rally ends, it will end with a bang.

Boosting cash is a traditional defense against uncertainty in the economy or in global events. So why has the average cash level in stock funds fallen to historic lows? As of Jan. 31, it was 4.4%, says the Investment Company Institute. The only other time since 1984 it fell that low or lower was from December 1999 through March 2000.... "There's a tremendous amount of bargains," said Kevin Rendino, senior manager of $6.4 billion Merrill Lynch Basic Values Fund. "Three months ago we had 4.5% or 5% cash. Now we're below 1%." Other managers dismiss the need to be defensive. Tom Barry, lead manager of Bjurman, Barry $365 million Micro Capand $13 million All Cap Growth funds, says fear among competitors creates his buying opportunities. "When things look the most bleak - like today, when there's talk of an economic slowdown and the potential for war - that's what drives prices down," Barry said. "That's when you should buy stocks. You shouldn't buy stocks when things look rosy and prices rise." Both funds have less than 2% cash.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ibd/030318/funds_1.html

Absolutely no cushion for the bulls. Bulls 100%+ long and the shorts mostly on the sidelines. Any bad news from the war or post-war, any redemptions at all and there will be massive forced selling. There are no buyers left. There's nobody left to sell to.

edit - sorry Col Dash, didn't read your post...we share similar thought patterns, it seems (very scary, if you would ask my wife).

LOU -- if you and I have similar thought patterns, it can't be all that bad. I thiink that people are finally coming to terms with the war. I'm surprised to see how many bloodthirsty people there are who absolutely can't wait for the bombs to start dropping and the killing to begin. I am also surprise at the reaction of hate towards others expressed by Americans regarding anyone who opposes the war. Our list of enemies grows daily. Americans against the French. Americans against the Turks. Americans against the Mexicans. Americans against Americans. I guess all the hate and confusion and fear can be tirering.

Archived