Perspective

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should take your mind off this OE BS SM.

From The Wilderness

"Last September retired Marine General Paul Van Riper was selected to play the Opposing Forces (OPFOR) Commander named Saddam Hussein for a 3-week-long, computer simulated invasion of Iraq, called Operation Millennium Challenge.

He defeated the entire multi-billion-dollar US electronic warfare intelligence apparatus by sending messages via motorcycle-mounted couriers to organize the preemptive destruction of sixteen US ships, using pleasure vessels. At that point, the exercise controllers repeatedly intervened and told him what to do; move these defenders off the beach. Stop giving out commands from mosque loudspeakers. Turn on your radar so our planes can see you. Because every time Van Riper was left to his own devices, he was defeating the US."

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Face it, everybody loves the underdog.

I know this may not be the place but I shall say now.......Serious folks it's time for thoughts and prayers for the fighters and families in the coming days......and of course those innocent who will suffer as well.....Peace looks far away at moment...but there is still time for our prayers.....enough of my ranting......suffice to say we are all the lucky ones.......God bless......

that's all....... :cry:

Well said Oyster! I concur.

Archived