The M. I. T. T. A. Symposium March 18, 2003

Good Morning and Good Stool to all.

This thread is your short term and intraday TA refuge. No chit chat. That goes on the adjacent IDS thread. Longer term TA posts should go on LOB or Dr. Bontchev's TA forum!

Traders, take it away!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FIB Time Series.

The 3/19/2003 date has two time series.

The first is anchored at the August 2002 high. It has previously marked the September 2002 high, the October 2002 low, the November 2002 high and the December 2002 low.

Not to be taken lightly, eh?

The second is anchored at the March 3 2003 high. It previously marked the March 12 2003 low and reversal day.

post-2-1047962895.png

This rally has legs, folks. Not only have a bunch of intermediate-term indicators (see the threads marked as "IMPORTANT" in my forum) given Buy signals but we even had a 90% down day, follwed by a 90% up day - at least as far as volume is concerned:

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$nyupv:$nydnv,uu[l,a]dallnnay[dc][pa!a9!a0.1111!f].gif

Could somebody check whether they were proper 90% days regarding the points gained and lost? I sure hope they weren't, because it would signal the end of the bear market - and everything else tells me that this isn't the case.

Short-term, though (1-3 days) a scalp on the short side might be profitable. Take a look at the TRIN

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$trin,uu[l,a]dalaynay[dd][pa2!a0.35!a3!f].gif

and the 4-dma of it

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$trin,uu[l,a]dallnnay[df][pb4!a0.7!a1.75][c!!!!!!!f5f5f5].gif

Even Mark's favorite Bretz TRIN-5 is about to issue a Short signal:

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$trin,uu[l,a]dallnnay[df][pb5!a0.8!a1.6][c!!!!!!!f5f5f5].gif

Regards,

Vesselin

rich, that fib chart was interesting but I'm not sure how to interpret it. Are you saying that we could reverse down here due to time fibo's? thanks

I am no expert on Fib. My understanding is that you watch them to see if they mark a turn. We need to see the direction going into the date. If BB is around maybe he could help with this. Perhaps we go down today and Wednesday we resume the rally?

I do not know if this market has legs.... I only believe what I see.

Qubes and NDX performing on schedule.... Yesterday the qubes did not rise above 27... the 1.786 fib.... therefore downside still has the postential in this timeframe.... similiar to NDX ... but will trigger on fib range breaks.....

I think this thread, has a tendency to look to only certain individuals for advice or coments....... .... Why not address the complete board about a question or advice. Someone might have a great answer, but if directed to someone specific, you may never get it......There is a lot of talent that passes through here... why not take advantage of all of it?

post-3-1048002915.gif

I do not know if this market has legs.... I only believe what I see.

Qubes and NDX performing on schedule.... Yesterday the qubes did not rise above 27... the 1.786 fib.... therefore downside still has the postential in this timeframe.... similiar to NDX ... but will trigger on fib range breaks.....

I think this thread, has a tendency to look to only certain individuals for advice or coments....... .... Why not address the complete board about a question or advice. Someone might have a great answer, but if directed to someone specific, you may never get it......There is a lot of talent that passes through here... why not take advantage of all of it?

Sorry Sniff point well taken. I would appreciate anyone's comments on those Fib Time Series dates.

Rich,

The Fib Time series sometimes work and sometimes don't. In my opinon they don't mean much, although I'm aware of them.

In order to idenity potential good time turns, you need to measure distances from low to low or high to high (or combinations of these) and project them forward using Fib ratios. If you have picked the right pivots to measure from, your projections will point you towards the next "turn".

Archived