The MIT TA Symposium March 14, 2003

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

guess that would have been a support line, which is now a resistance line, now the slide below the wedge support line near 25.40 would be nice.. And a close below there would turn it back into resistance.....

Prices running back and forth across these lines. Continuosly... Must mean something... maybe sloppy, toppy, choppy....

Did pick up an interesting note about yesterdays gap...... seems most do not believe it was a break away gap...... because there was no fundimental reason for it. Also price and trending indicators were out of sync......... V shall see......

QQQ, 15 minute.

Anyone care to comment on the discepancy between accumulation and volume ratio indicators?

Definition of volume ratio..............The Volume Ratio indicator calculates an exponential moving average of the ratio between up and down volume. The exponential average is then plotted as an oscillator around a zero line. Volume can provide insight into the strength or weakness of a price trend. This indicator plots positive values above the zero line, and negative below. A positive value suggests there is enough market support to continue to drive price activity in the direction of the current trend. A negative value suggests there is a lack of support and prices may begin to become stagnant or reverse.

post-3-1047666931.gif

Money came from bond and short covering. Yields need to raise for any more upside. Let see how it plays out.

Money came from bond and short covering. Yields need to raise for any more upside. Let see how it plays out. I am going to look for short during the scam week depending on charts patterns.

post-3-1047670016.gif

Feed

Thanks for the agreement as to what I was thinking. The declining volume ratio does not support the move up! Thats the fact Jack. And the market trac site which u use also supports distribution (great site BTW). In complete agreement....wait a bit to see what develops and then take positions.

EDIT....Let me also add.....we do need to see the accumulation indicator go below zero line. Otherwise, any dips of the indicator which are completed above zero line are considered buying opportunities in my software. As they say, buy the dips above zero and short the peaks below zero.

Archived