Now More Than Ever

Torah man and I were sharing the pain earlier today-yes I was stopped and yes I gave back profit and BOY does that piss me off-I;ve also had two root canals today so keep your freakin distance-It's obvious we are going higher 852-872 is my guess-but this mother is still a BEAR MARKET-my take is right or wrong is we had the wrong count. I think it is obvious tomorrow will be a pull back day and then we will move higher so if you MUST bail do it tomorrow. I still believe that at the first cannon fire we crap out big! For now I'll take advil and drink Chablis and curse the S.O.B. who said save thy teeth via a root canal-Prick!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How embarrassing-- it seems that the SPX goes up 30 points, gold drops 10 bucks, and I'm the only one here who lost money. Strong advance on good volume- I find this worrisome even for Scam week. ?:blink:

SkiddMarket,

You are not the only one to lose money today, it's just

my losses today were on a proforma one time only basis so I didn't mention them.

LOLOL :D :D Mine were done with options, so they aren't real losses.

Actually, we did cover a sizeable chunk today and will wait and see what materializes.

MWH

Oil,

I find this move highly suspicious. We are still in no man's land but since I am on vacation next week I figured what the hell cash out at profit, enjoy and stick it to these pricks when I get back. Take what Mr Marke gives ya and wait for the next opportunity - come to a papa. :lol:

Guest Grizzly Bear
Grizzly Bear,

No way, I think this market is doom.  However, When the VIX is at its extreme, I can make some good coins on the upside for that 20%+ move.  I made a bit of money on the downside, but got stop out and I don't like chasing the move.  I went short on Jan. 10 when the 21ma P/C ratio said that it was a golden opportunies to short so I did.

I like playing both the short and long, but I need the signals to be a bit clearer.

Oilman

Aha...another Hamilton fan!

Adam's throw long targets are...

VIX=>50

CPC=>1.02

BPNDX=B)

Torah man and I were sharing the pain earlier today-yes I was stopped and yes I gave back profit and BOY does that piss me off-I;ve also had two root canals today so keep your freakin distance-It's obvious we are going higher 852-872 is my guess-but this mother is still a BEAR MARKET-my take is right or wrong is we had the wrong count. I think it is obvious tomorrow will be a pull back day and then we will move higher so if you MUST bail do it tomorrow. I still believe that at the first cannon fire we crap out big! For now I'll take advil and drink Chablis and curse the S.O.B. who said save thy teeth via a root canal-Prick!

Brian,

I was right with you till the end....Sippin' some B.V. Tapestry...No White Wine!

As for your call....dead on...I will follow...tanks in advance (but try the Tapestry)

Cheers!

Grizzly Bear,

The smell of a great fall is getting greatter by the day and I think this next move to the downside---Starting Monday---will be so fast and furious that it will take many (bears and bulls) off guard. Once I am right and have some decent profits, I try to never give it all back. As my profits grows over 20% or more I tighten my stops and so on.

This bear market have been good to me and I can't complain. The rides has been extreme at times. Remember last fall when CSCO reported and the NAS rallied over 7% but only to give it all back rather quickly? I think this setup is the same. This rally like the one last fall is a massive bear covering rally.

Oilman

Meh. It's a political rant combined with backhanded bragging in the form of insulting others.

True, and who said anybody "got crushed"? I got out, not crushed.

These political 'respect the market' scoldings always show themselves on the upside reversal, then silently slip away after the bear rally fails. :grin:

Last night I posted re the Stock impaction syndrome. I advised all stoolies to ensure that they continue to maintain healthy anal muscle tone.

I'm beat tonight so won't post e waves and SG has it pegged(I hope)

Maybe we should talk about anal fissures tonight. In fact I am thinking of establishing a proctological on line referral center for stoolies who are unduly traumatized by the erratic nature of the market and feel that they got caught in a high colonic wash out.

Regards kloguck.gif

WH

Guest BEARDRECH
FWIW, the good news, at least in my mind, is that these "Rallies" are fast and furious. ....and while they sting, they are generally at the top in days, not months....I play Options, mostly and have been "Duked on" in my PM's for a sizeable chunk o' change....that being said, the best is yet to come.....

crooked

your avatar,oh the horror,the inhumanity of it all.

:( bdrech

i think i made a mistake last night in an extended commentary,a commentary about your avatar a la freud last night--i meant your avatar, not another one--its frightening

FWIW, the good news, at least in my mind, is that these "Rallies" are fast and furious. ....and while they sting, they are generally at the top in days, not months....I play Options, mostly and have been "Duked on" in my PM's for a sizeable chunk o' change....that being said, the best is yet to come.....

crooked

i think i made a mistake last night in an extended commentary,a commentary about your avatar a la freud last night--i meant your avatar, not another one--its frightening

I was wondering if you meant me or the other....be careful wat you wish for as the alternate choice call for nonr other than MARC HAINES.....Meanwhile, I lie in wait.....

really strange when you think about it. the PPT in combo with the "big money" interests kinda are going about making it very difficult to be a retail short - like you're literally trading against the FED. where exactly is that in the constitution (you get the idea). as doc pointed out yesterday, "free markets," - is that what this is? think not. i thought at first the FED was just giving lip-service to printing us out of the doldrums no matter what to prop the market, but i guess they are serious. if you take this out to the extreme, their continuing intervention/attempted manipulation is bastardizing the free-market system; but i think they can prop it up for so long - the underlying economic realities and business cycle will not be bullied by al green and his gang. the unintended side effects, such as a real estate/credit bubble may turn out to be worse than the original problems. remember, this all started out toward a "soft landing."

The Fed's interest rate has been at a historic low for a historic length of time. Imho, they're desperately trying to keep companies on life-support.

And I don't have to remind you that mortage rates have now hit a 45 year low.

I agree. This just prolongs and avoids the necessary workout of the massive missallocation of capital that occurred. And encourages companies and individuals to "double down" in the hope that they will be able to grow out of their debts some time in the future.

Between the stock market bubble and the real estate market bubble, Greenspan's legacy will have been to wipe out the American Middle Class and made the most Vulgar wealthy beyond imagination.

The US no longer makes enough stuff that it can repay it's IOU's.

To me this suggests stagflation. An economic recession combined with rising prices. Time to dust off my "WIN - Whip Inflation Now" button from the '70s.

It also suggests to me that the US will try to print it's way out.

The gov't is already 40% of the US economy. In China I'd guess it's 60%.

The difference is that in China it's dropping rapidly, whereas in the US it's increasing. Rather ironic.

Also, in China the savings rate is nearly 20% . . .

In the real-time "return to the future", in Japan, the Bank of Japan is buying everything that it can get it's hands on . . .

"Emergency Proposal Calls For Expanding BOJ Asset Purchases

TOKYO (Nikkei)--The emergency market support package now being put together by the ruling coalition will press the Bank of Japan to expand the range of its asset purchases, calling for the central bank to add foreign bonds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and real estate investment trusts (REITs) to its market operations, The Nihon Keizai Shimbun learned Thursday."

crooked

Bdrech

This is nothing to worry about. What you are seeing in this avatar is the classic aging pattern that is all to familiar to those of us in the field of plastic surgery.

The initial image is of course that of Maria. The second image is what Maria is going to look like in 20 years. Or maybe, on second thought, it's the other way around :)

Regards

WH

Archived