Now More Than Ever

Buddha-

Didn't get a reaction from you on the idea of a Richard Ney Memorial Stool Forensics Forum, hosted by Buddhadropping.  :wink2:

Second that! Forensics Analysis (FA) is a must for the toolkit.

BD & Wndy oughta co-author a book on the subject - make some 'real' money :wink2:

And because they are imaginative writers.

BTW, I covered all on their intuitions. Looking for spx 860 or thereabouts to reenter, but the tape will tell.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a political rant at all. I have the opposite argument

with one of my brokers who thinks anyone who's not bullish

at this time is stupid, insane, a coward and doesn't get the

"big picture" that the bear is dead and the new bull has

begun. He's on my ass because I'm an "intellectual

pessmimist" who just doesn't understand how the "real

money" in this game works and the people getting out now

have sold the bottom like they always do and are going to

be left in the dust!

I've been trading for about 16 yrs, make my living doing it

now and am telling you from the hard school of knocks that

having ANY ideology or opinion that gets in

the way of just seeing WHAT IS is going to lead you to

financial disaster, be that ideology Republican, Liberal,

Intellectual or Bonehead. Most people here seem to be

Liberal intellectuals who think they're right.... that's fine... I

don't care... but if you try to impose that on the mkts you're

going to get killed.

I read a lot of posts that constantly underestimate the mkts

ability to do harm. Underestimating the mkts ability to do

harm is very dangerous. That's a trading discussion pure and

simple. BTW, if you find my particular style "abrasive" then

don't read my posts. Can't believe the sensitivity here....

you guys find ME abrasive and really trade these mkts?

That's a good one!

I am fairly new to this site,the best damn site around, and to the trading game.

But in the last two months, before today, dji is down 1300, naz is down 170 and spx is down 130.

seems to me if we don't let the bulls win once in a while, they will pick up their marbles and go home.

What fun would that be ? :D :D

Oh well, I got stopped out today as with the rest of the bears. It is time to take a break and lick my wounds. A rest will make everything better. I will be taking a break and wait for better opportunities.

Good luck to everyone else still in the market.

Oilman

W.D. Gann said there are times when a man can make money and there are times when he can't no matter what.. One should wait for his time to come..

It's so true for me.. ?:(

The following is so scary, take it FWIW.. Don't shoot the messenger..

"Earlier, we posted a chart of a LOW ADX which highlighted a long sideways line. ?Point and Figure is a superior methodology to get a "count" giving a price objective for a move in the event of ?a legitimate BREAKOUT. ?You can see that the market has not truly broken out yet, but when it does, the count projects a move to 1435.

OK I am not a point and figure kinda guy but................

We all know that bear market rallies can be more than 20%+ pops. So what else is new.

What she is talking about is a bear market rally of the magnitude of the ramp out of the October lows. Is it possible? Of course---it already happened in Oct :angry: Well this last down has been discussed as a possible B wave with a C to come by a few stoolies here as a sorta Nightmare on Short Street scenario.And there are other reasons to respect this move----Bradley model---seasonality---oex racketeering---govt racketeering---war rally----bear market 30 some odd months old, and a few other charts showing Dow trendlines we know "they" will defend at all cost.

Me no likey but I would respect the possibility

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=%24NDX%2Cuu%5Bh%2Ca%5Ddhclniay%5Bd20010901%2C20030613%5D%5Bpf%5D%5Bvc60%5D%5Bi%5D%5BJ10912152%2CY%5D

i'm in cash too. had a feeling i should hedge overnight last night but couldn't get the fill i wanted, so didn't. closed puts first thing today. good callscalping this afternoon, could've been better but i got bluescreened and had to 'check disk consistency' and all that, couldn't move my sell order and when i got back it'd been hit.

one thing that was a little cockeyed today was the lack of crapvision enthusiasm for the rally....lots of speculation about one-day wonders and dead cats bouncing. not sure about that.

scam week....mmmph....if up tomorrow, then maybe up into monday, with the scam week reversal down coming early - like tuesday, or even monday p.m., instead of wednesdayish.

i've never once felt like the stool was an elitist joint. i'm continually inspired by the warmth and genuine interest in helping others. you couldn't duplicate this place under any laboratory conditions. we all get frustrated and flex our egos now and then, life goes on. :)

Huge Forensic OE Blast this month. Huge. March Madness. Outside of 2 forensic events a month I will more or less avoid trading since I find so much TA to be hazardous to one's health. I find that certain corrupt monthly trends in the market show much higher probability for quick gain and for protection of capital than any amount of Ewaving. I do not put down those who are able to use the waves, I just do not find it as playable. Far and away its best to buy Dover Sole levels in this thing since you are trading with your own government, with the media and with the Mongolian Mutual Hordes. War rally is underway in earnest. Someone has leaked the go date and the PigMen are now trying to frontrun it. Its set in stone and nothing gonna move it now. best to all, I love you guys but I ain't going to lean technical with this stuff much anymore, too much time spent for too little reward imo but then What do I know? I'm just a meditator with a sick intuition, an imp of fate, a pretender to the throne, best to all, buddha

You the man. Plunger has the politics figured out, and I'm wondering if the those buying on the war news can't see the forest for the trees. It's going to be hotter than Hades by the time the troops walk into Iraq. Is that good news?

Rubadub - I must be one of the stupid ones "I have the opposite argument

with one of my brokers who thinks anyone who's not bullish

at this time is stupid, insane, a coward and doesn't get the

"big picture" that the bear is dead and the new bull has

begun." So how high is up here?

un-friggin'-believable action.....MXIM was a joke today...up nearly 11%....heat-mappers piling over the ASK all day long......lmao....now, how long will this orgy last?

How about CMVT? Especially this statement: "predicted 2003 would be profitable if it can capitalize on new business opportunities." Lots of upgrades on this statement. Is this REALLY that bullish?

"The latest period included about $18 million of charges for job cuts and writedowns; excluding those, the loss was 8 cents a share. The company told shareholders on a conference call that it would lose a similar amount before charges in the first quarter, but predicted 2003 would be profitable if it can capitalize on new business opportunities.

The company also said its president, Itsik Danziger, will resign from that post and reduce his duties at the company in order to do volunteer work. He'll remain on the board."

un-friggin'-believable action.....MXIM was a joke today...up nearly 11%....heat-mappers piling over the ASK all day long......lmao....now, how long will this orgy last?

How about CMVT? Especially this statement: "predicted 2003 would be profitable if it can capitalize on new business opportunities." Lots of upgrades on this statement. Is this REALLY that bullish?

"The latest period included about $18 million of charges for job cuts and writedowns; excluding those, the loss was 8 cents a share. The company told shareholders on a conference call that it would lose a similar amount before charges in the first quarter, but predicted 2003 would be profitable if it can capitalize on new business opportunities.

The company also said its president, Itsik Danziger, will resign from that post and reduce his duties at the company in order to do volunteer work. He'll remain on the board."

CMVT lost money last quarter, but they got upgraded by JP Moorgan, S&P Equity, Wedbush Moorgan, and the little lady who lives down the lane.

And the latter part seems to be the part that matters to the sheeple.

;)

The Stool was down for several hours as a result of DNS problems at our host NTT Verio.

Doc also suffered an electrial outage for over an hour. Seems FPL can't handle a little rain.

Posting of tonight's Anals will be delayed as a result of the problems. Hoping to have it up by 11:00 NY time.

Let's see, what else can go wrong?

Archived