And The Beat Goes On 3/29/22

The rally continues. The 5 day cycle projection on the ES, S&P futures now looks 4600-4610, about the same as where it was pointing at the close yesterday, plus a little leeway for a bit more upside. 

As I pointed out yesterday, clearing 4550 or so put the ES into thin air, but now it is hitting resistance again.  If it clears 4610, oops, there it is, then the next targets would be 4620, 4625, and 4640.

Piece of cake. 

tvc_c30d75973482c41dd15685b255bf557a.png

And now, the rest of the story. 

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, The CoinGuy said:

Good morning...

I added a chart to my thread in Stool's Gold. 

Have a GREAT day gentlemen,

The CoinGuy

Not seeing anything new there.  When you cross post, click the 3 dots in the upper right of the new post and copy the share link and post it here so that we can find it easily. 

4 minutes ago, The CoinGuy said:

Doc...

I used the second post I had reserved...so, no actual new post was added to the thread. 

Where is Everybody...Just Checking In.

Quite an opening...a lot of energy being expended right here...

Best,

TCG

Quote the post and use that to add a new post to the thread. By editing the post it won't show up anywhere as a new post. If you just want a private thread, that's fine.  But if you want to build a following, such as by linking from here or social media, it's better to post new posts to the thread. Each new post has its own link. 

THE BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY ANNUAL LETTER

Short and sweet for 2021.

However I have one problem with it.

The return table that accompanies it is never adjusted for inflation.

So the 20% annual return since Warren took over is actually 15% real.

And the 10% S&P return is actually 5% per annum.

Which makes Warren look better as he actually outperforms the S&P by 300% after adjusting for inflation.. 

I don't do social media Doc... 

Not looking to advertise or build a following.  Just looking to spend some time with old friends(and perhaps a few new ones), who ever sees the information will be meant to see it.  That's my eccentric perspective.  I've always been a bit of an oddball.  I don't mind. 

From now on I will add new posts instead of editing the old ones.

Since you have the SPX covered at 4610, I'll mention to anyone looking in who isn't familiar with  the DJI...it likes to trade on the 2's and the 8's, so, when I said 34k to 35k is no man's land, bullish above/bearish below...in my mind, I'm thinking 34, 200 and 35,200.  I mistakenly assume everyone knows this. 

Best,

The CoinGuy

Coupon rates falling into the auction seems to happen a lot. Back in the day you could pretty much bank on rates rising into the auction so the dealers could make some good coin distributing them. Now the opposite happens a lot, by my eye, and it makes no sense. Do they want to take on inventory at a high price? WTF? It must be some kind of Ju Jitsu thing above my pay grade.

5 minutes ago, Jorma said:

Coupon rates falling into the auction seems to happen a lot. Back in the day you could pretty much bank on rates rising into the auction so the dealers could make some good coin distributing them. Now the opposite happens a lot, by my eye, and it makes no sense. Do they want to take on inventory at a high price? WTF? It must be some kind of Ju Jitsu thing above my pay grade.

In the old days, pre 2009 the dealers were net short. Since then they've been net long. Getting less so for the past year, but still net long. It's a budding catastrophe in motion. 

While the gold contract was kicked in the teeth, the ^HUI appears to be shaking it off quite nicely. 

If the doji holds, we'll be getting another crack at 325. 

The vehicle is the current flag unfolding on the daily.

Again...if it cracks 325, it will need to hold it or it'll fall out of bed hard.

I've already given my thoughts.

TCG

Final 5 day and 2-3 day cycle projections around 4610 done, of course. 

Now we fly blind for a bit. They need to break 4595 to have a shot at getting anything at all going on the downside. 

Archived