Support the Resistance 2/25/22

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This last night from a friend in Ukraine.

My family and me are in Western Ukraine, left Kiev 2 days prior the war. Nightmare in Kiev, and many other cities.  Putin is crazy   many civil people died, bombing houses.. Proud of heroic deeds of my people.

One thing that can be said about Russia, but never is said, is that alone among the worlds major nations, it rejects credit expansion and asset inflation.  Think about it.  Has any major global bank ever had anything but a pro forma presence in Moscow? No, not even after the USSR went caput. For 100 years they have been dying to capitalize Russia, and failed totally.

Now in these parts a rejection or at least a skepticism about credit/monetary expansion is an honorable thing.  One thing is to consider that Putin is trying to pop the bubble that the rest of the world is in.  I can make the case that this is the Russia's strategic goal.  With a global financial and economic reset Russia's relative strength rockets higher. Remember, they don't have any bubbles that I know of. 

Russia is an island all it's own. A serious downturn in the markets and the economy would put most all major nations into serious political trouble. Not so much Russia. Remember, they don't have any bubbles. I don't even think the Russian government provides nearly as much direct income into households as the West does. So that threat to political order is far lower there. 

One other thing is this could blow up China's great Belt and Road Initiative , Eurasian integration grand plan for the century. 

Anyway for now I will consider this war is intended to blow up the bubble of the last 30 or 40 years, and it just might.  Untold tragedies await for so many. Even us.  Let's hope not.

Putin is slaughtering people because he hates democracy and hates the West, not because he's trying to prick a bubble. 

Putin's going down, and he's threatening to kill every last one of us, and you give him credit for not having a bubble. He's not having a bubble because he personally has stolen all of Russia's wealth. 

He badly miscalculated not only Ukraine's reaction, but the reaction of the entire world except a couple of other pariah states. 

You write some dumbass shit, but that takes the fucking cake. 

Obviously I don't mean to praise him for popping the bubble. You don't know that by now?  Earth to Lee.  Come on.

I'm pointing out one of the odd outcomes of the Credit Bubble. The biggest enemy of the bubble might be our worst nightmare.  I'm not for Putin for God's sake. I'm not even for popping the bubble, but then, how not to? Got me.  The bubble has allowed  7 billion people to live with the lowest percentage of them in extreme privation  than ever in history maybe.  

The credit bubble has been very good to me, and anyone likely to read this.  And also several other billion people. How do you keep 7 billion alive without it?  It sure ain't war. Sheesh. We have been against the excesses of the bubble because we wanted to prevent the disaster of the downfall.  Of course nobody payed attention. 

I sure as hell don't think Putin or Russians have some principled opposition to the bubble. Some higher motive. Cripes. He's a politician.  Higher motive?  ROTFL.  I'm just saying there is something in that culture which is anti credit.   

1 hour ago, Jorma said:

Obviously I don't mean to praise him for popping the bubble. You don't know that by now?  Earth to Lee.  Come on.

I'm pointing out one of the odd outcomes of the Credit Bubble. The biggest enemy of the bubble might be our worst nightmare.  I'm not for Putin for God's sake. I'm not even for popping the bubble, but then, how not to? Got me.  The bubble has allowed  7 billion people to live with the lowest percentage of them in extreme privation  than ever in history maybe.  

The credit bubble has been very good to me, and anyone likely to read this.  And also several other billion people. How do you keep 7 billion alive without it?  It sure ain't war. Sheesh. We have been against the excesses of the bubble because we wanted to prevent the disaster of the downfall.  Of course nobody payed attention. 

I sure as hell don't think Putin or Russians have some principled opposition to the bubble. Some higher motive. Cripes. He's a politician.  Higher motive?  ROTFL.  I'm just saying there is something in that culture which is anti credit.   

NO! It was strategic preparation for what he is doing now, something he has planned for a very long time. 

Bloomberg Simon Fling: Rouble is going to trade over 90, currently above 110 doesn't appear to be traded [looking beat].

[Currently trading on the futures market at 117 over 39% down vs. the USD].

Bloomberg hosts: tossed up arms

Bloomberg guest David Ingles: We're short Roubles [looking upbeat].

Draw your own conclusions.

Per Le Salon Beige:

Ukraine has lost
- the north of the Luhansk region, except for Lisichansk/Severodonetsk
- almost the entire south of the Donetsk region, except for boilers in Volnovakha and Mariupol
- Sumy region
- The northern half of the Kiev region, up to the agglomeration of Kyiv
- the northern half of the Chernihiv region
- half of the Kharkov region and half of Kharkov itself
- the southern half of the Zaporozhye region
- Kherson region

They are in desperate need nationwide of UAVs / drones, fuel, ammunition, [artillery and tanks in the SE specifically].

UAVs /drones are particularly effective against long columns as we are currently seeing streaming in.

Archived